Back pain with suspected UTI

Posted , 2 users are following.

Okay so my symptoms might be abit petty but I have really bad health anxiety and want to check with people other than doctors who don't seem to give one about my problems

So I was recently diagnosed with a UTI (3 days ago) due to leukocytes and abit of blood found on urinalysis. Had antibiotics and didn't make a massive difference.

Got my culture back today and it showed nothing grew so I didn't actually have a UTI? My urinalysis is now negative according to doctor from today

However, I am getting back pain in every bit of my back (lower, middle, sides, under armpit). It comes in waves, and is never very bad but just noticeable and has me worried incase there is some bacteria? I am not experiencing any other UTI symptoms anymore to be honest and no fever etc

I probably sound crazy but I just need reassurance sad should I ask for a scan of my kidneys?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Firstly to suffer with anxiety is not petty to you it is very real and something you cannot control.

It could be that you had a slight infection and the antibiotics cleared it up, what you have to bare in mind is that antibiotics themselves are nasty blighters.  They mess with your body good and proper lowing your immune system and messing with all kinds of bits and bobs.  It can take a week to ten days to get over the actual antibiotic.  If after this time you still feel unwell then go back to your dr and tell them.  Hope this helps a little smile

• Posted

Hi,

I went to the doctors yesterday about my back pain and as the doctor was examining me I felt no pain however when I bent over and to the sides she said she could see that my back was slightly bent which is causing the pain.

At first I was relieved but I'm starting to doubt this as the pain just really feels like it's my kidneys.

Can anyone explain to me what kidney pain feels like?

I have dull aches/sharp pains/twinges all over my back on both sides, mainly in the evening. These can last up to a few seconds to a few minutes. I don't feel any other pain anywhere and don't have any other symptoms.

• Posted

Hi,

I never had kidney pain CKD is called the silent disease as you don't get pain.  People usually only find out at stage 3 (not everyone) you can get pain caused by other things but it depends on the cause of a persons CKD.  If it persists and you feel no better perhaps ask for a scan of your back to put your mind at rest.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.