Back pains

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello

Last three months (quarantine) I've been only sitting on the chair at the computer and in bed, probably some small workouts too, but pretty rare.

I have a pretty weird position, can not find a photo exactly how I stay, but I press my middle back on the chair and sit with the knees up the table. This and the hunched one.

Lately I've been having back pains in the middle area (thoracic area), but they come only when I'm sitting for a amount of time. It then stays with me for around a day, depending if I do stretching or going out moving.

I am worried this might be a lung problem too ? It's not hurting when I breathe (it did a few times back when I lifted weights after staying in the chair without proper warm up. It usually goes away after stretching, or moving at all.

Last night I had another one, which was pretty bad, when I tried to move it would hurt. Not when

I was breathing only when moving. Now it's better. I should mention it happened when I placed myself at the computer for some time. Pharmacists told me not to worry , might be nevralgia from too much bad positions on my chair and doing nothing much else.

Should I worry if it might be a lung related problem ?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Have you been diagnosed with any autoimmume issues? hows your lower back? more specifically, the SI joint area? that's a tell tale of AS.

I have AS (currently in remission).

cant speak to the lung issue. though, as i would take deep breaths late in my diagnosis, my deep breaths and ribs would absoutely kill woth pain.

• Posted

No, I haven't been diagnosed with anything related to my back. What I mean is in the middle of the back, not the bones, but I believe it's the muscles. It feels better and goes away when moving . But sitting again in the chair starts again. Or waking up after a night sleep, until I start moving again.

I've got myself an anti-inflammatory gel . Even if it's almost gone. Haven't gotten to the medic yet, I've had these types of back pains lately, most of them started during my bad sitting on the chair or lifting heavy.

Am mostly curious if it might be a lung related problem. I am a smoker, trying to give up, I'm smoking around 5-6 per day now. Have some phlegm, not too much, mostly when I wake up, 5-10 times per day. (I also have sinusitis, heard phlegm might also be from there).

I don't cough though. And was never a heavy smoker, was mostly 15 per day till I decided to cut them off slowly till I feel I can give them up.

That's where I made the connection between either back muscles or lungs. Didn't had lung problems before. Now It's alot better , as I said don't hurt when moving, walking , but sitting back in the chair it starts from feeling forced to pain if I sit enough time.

Should I worry ? I decided to stay away from sitting too much for a couple of days for now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.