Back pay on universal credit,

Posted , 2 users are following.

Does anyone no if u get a first payout on day starting for universal credit but takes 8 weeks to get your next payment, do they backdate it pls

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

When you first claim UC it takes 5 weeks for your first payment, not 8 weeks. When you receive your money you'll be paid for 1 month's benefit because it's paid 1 month in arrears.

You can request an advance payment when first claiming but this will need to be repaid from your future payments.

• Posted

Yes i got a advance payment,but 3 weeks after that i missed an appointment. So start it again taking 8 weeks get my 2nd payment.

• Posted

So really 8 weeks with no money and 2nd payment to pay the 8 weeks behind and a month to cope with again

• Posted

You really do need to attend those appointments. Failure to attend could lead to a 91 day sanction.

Was that your first appointment after applying? If so then this may affect your benefits because that first appointment is with your work coach to verify your identy, agree your claimant commitment etc.

Have you asked if your money will be backdated to those 8 weeks? It may not be possible because of the missed appointment.

• Posted

Yes ive been shown the money im getting its a months cash to live on, but wot about 8 weeks its took to get it. Its bugging me lol

• Posted

That's exactly what i thought would happen. The first appointment with your work coach is to agree your claimant commitment and to take with you anything else they have asked you to take. Alot of the time identity can't be confirmed online so you need to take ID with you to your first appointment.

You will not get Universal Credit if you don't attend that appointment. It does state this on the gov. website also.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.