Back problems ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey y’all! I am in need of some advice or thoughts. So I’m a 20 year old male. I’m very active. Gym 6/7 days a week and I play sports. The only thing really wrong with me is my diet and I drink, but that’s all. Recently I’ve been having weird muscle issues. So I wake up with lower back pain. After working out my calves like to twitch. Also I have twitching in my chin that’s very subtle. I also twitch in my thighs sometimes. And this could be unrelated and due to stress, but I have bowel issues. It’s really hard for me to have normal stools. To add, I’ve also experienced groin pain and upper abdominal pain. This really stresses me out and causes anxiety for me and I just need some ideas. Help me out plz! 

3 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Perhaps you don't get enough hydration.  Twitches could also be caused by too much caffeine, not enough sleep, and, .......stress and anxiety!

• Posted

Yes I think stress and anxiety plays a huge part in it. I worry a lot and it probably takes a toll on me, but the whole back pain is what worries me. 
    • Posted

Yes, it's like a vicious circle.  It take discipline and practice, but you can control stress and anxiety.  Maybe start with meditation.  

• Posted

Do you know if it’s possible for these symptoms to happens during sleep because of the anxiety? Last night was rough. Barely any sleep and muscle twitches 
    • Posted

I would guess yes, but I'm not a doctor.  Another culprit for twitching muscles could be over exertion.  Could you maybe be doing too much during your work outs?  Are you drinking enough water?  Try Googling your symptoms but beware, searching the internet can make you more anxious because there are so many conditions that cause twitching muscles, it's easy to focus on the negative.  I would see  doctor if I were you to put your mind at ease.

• Posted

Yes I understand. I think I’m a victim of fibromyalgia and IBS but I’m going to get checked out. Better to be safe than sorry. 
  • Posted

Please go see your GP get referred to a Rheumatologist and definitely ask could it be fibromyalgia your symptoms sound very much like fibromyalgia xxx
  • Posted

so my first question is have you been to see a doctor or Neurologist??.... have they run tests......did they give you any insight?...... ALL of your symptoms are not a sign of nothing going on....... Stress does not do this...... Alcohol...... now there is a beast of a different nature as liver damage could cause some of these symptoms...... please stop drinking until you see a doctor as many people medicate themselves instead of going to the doctor........ there are many herbs the good lord put on our planet that help..... Edible Lavender ( you can buy mixtures at the store or on line) in the form of "Sleepy time Teas"...... are a natural anti anxiety herb....... but you need to go to the doctor, period..... Sooner rather then later...... cry

• Posted

What kind of liver damage exactly? I have not seen a neurologist but I am scheduling an appointment with my DR and he will hopefully refer me to someone else. 
    • Posted

I do not know what type of damage Ed...... I only know that for some reason excessive alcohol abuse can lead to liver disease..... which from what a family member told me caused pain in their back...... but he did not have any twitching or anything else you described....... so do not focus in on that statement please...........  go to the doctor.......and then let us all know what you find out!  "K"???

your fellow "Pain Pal"

• Posted

Will do! Thanks for your input!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.