Back to 15mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I visited my GP today about my concerns with my upped dosage of 30mg of Mirtazapine. 

I had been on 30mg for about a week and my anxiety and depression increased, my thoughts started to be more obsessive and I could not stop over thinking. Which lead to nausea and vomiting

My Doctor said to me today that my dosage had been upped too quickly and was likely to be causing my increase in anxiety. 

So now i'm back to 15mg, and I've been prescribed some domperidone tablets to help with the nausea.

Hopefully I start to feel better within the next few days. 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I'm just not taking them tonight I can't deal with the way I was today

• Posted

Hi Dawn,

What dosage are you on? Have you talked to your GP at all about the problems you are having?

• Posted

Hi Robert, sorry to here of your troubles. Do you think the nausea and vomiting was caused by a panic attack or the increase of mirtazapine?
    • Posted

Hi Ryan,

I think it was both. I recently had a bad situation that left me feeling depressed and anxious. Which was one of the reasons I had my dosage upped. But because I had only started mirtazapine a couple of weeks before it must have been too quick to up the dosage.

• Posted

Hi Ryan,

The past few days have been pretty rough. I keep feeling nauseated, my face feels hot and burns up every now and then. I get moments of high anxiety and panic. I'm just hoping it clears up soon.

• Posted

Was on 15 then 30 all in a month last night I took 7.5 ill see how I go today
    • Posted

I hope it works for you, if it is such a problem talk to your GP 
  • Posted

I feel he doesn't listen just give me more tablets its a waste of time

• Posted

That's always a stressful situation, I always found I had to make my doctors listen sometimes. Could you make an appointment with a different doctor? 

• Posted

I'll wait and see my psych in April I'm defo not taking anymore

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.