back to drinking alcohol again

Posted , 11 users are following.

im 21 years of age,i used to drink every night about 3 years ago for about a year and a bit,stopped,been back drinking again and im always worried about my body,isit to late to quit and will buy body heal after quiting? how do i quit, i drink roughly around 8-9 pints a night of Guinness? any one have any experience? thank you  

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I'm 52 and an alcoholic which worries me constantly, this forum has some brilliant people who have been there and recovering others like myself who is constantly feeling bad at failure. I'm no medic but the sooner you stop the better , from what I have learnt that Sinclair method is very successful, Google it,I haven't been brave enough to try to much stress in my life good luck

• Posted

Hi Tom,

?Don't panic. Fortunately, you have age on your side smile 

I believe you'll be fine. Just reduce it. Or perhaps turn your attention to exercise, to distract you! smile

• Posted

It’s never too late to quit Tom and as you’re young and have your whole life ahead of you, you can heal physically and mentally and make great and respectful choices for yourself. There’s lots of support on here and if you Google Alcohol Agencies local to your area you are likely to find something which hopefully can support you with key working, relapse prevention and pragmatic support. I’m personally interested in the Sinclair method because I find it hard to have one drink & stop - there are information feeds on here about this and people with first hand experience of using nalfemine ... some people are supported by AA and one thing those groups offer are the chance to meet other people who are living sober and enjoying it. There are groups for younger people too. You’ve already had 18 months abstinent and I wonder how that compares to how you’re feeling now? You’ve done it once and you can do it again and feel encouraged for taking action today & writing a post on this site ... there’s no need to do any of this alone & please write again to say how you’re doing. 

• Posted

You are still young as others have confirmed. 8 to 9 pints each day is too much and it all depends on how much you want to stop. I felt right at the bottom and did decide to stop finally. We are all different and medication is perhaps the way forward. Check out C3 Foundation Europe and the videos and good advice 😁

• Posted

I think we're avoiding the main issue here,

Guinness??? WTF????

?Joking aside, you're young and, though you are drinking a lot, you almost certainly haven't done anything to your body that can't be reversed. There are a number of ways to quit and you'll have to find what's best for you. Naltrexone is popular on here and you might want to have a look at that.

?Good luck!

• Posted

If you care about loving people around you please stop drinking. We will support you! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.