Back to E R I go

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

Everyone must think I'm crazy including the staff and doctors. I have been to the E.R. Not 1x but 3x this week. My doctor took me off my BP meds and just a few hours ago I started having tremors to the point it wouldn't go away. I tried to take 2 anxiety meds (buspirone)then tk 1 BP pill to see if the tremors would stop. So now what I have read that if you are taking metropol for BP you can't stop sudden so I'm thinking it maybe a side effect to that idk I just wish they find out why this keep happening to me. I thought after doctor released me from meds Friday I would be fine but I guess not.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello Chiffon:

BP meds like Metoprolo usually are weaned off of.  It is not wise to quit it COLD Turkey.  So you should take your med and if needed wean off it slowly in a few weeks time.

Your heat can suddenly race and that is not good. Metoprolol keep sthe rate down and my hubby is on it.  It can also cause a sudden rise in your BP and a headache can occur.

If you are in the USA, you can call your doctor on the emergncy number or through a beeper service and they will call you back.

Stay well and rest this weekend.

Shelly

• Posted

Hello,

I was taking 50 mg metoprolol 2x day for about 6-7 mo then Friday doctor told me to stop taking it along with lisinopril to see how I do over the weekend so maybe I should take either 1 tablet and consult her on Monday or 1/2 tablet (25) when I went to er last night mi BP was good I just was having tremors that wouldn't stop even after I left the ER they told me I was having anxiety attack but it didn't feel like one they gave me some Benadryl capsule that didn't work. So when I got home I took a Xanax that knocked me out felt no more tremors.

• Posted

Hello Chiffon:

Xanax is great for panic attacks and will make you sleepy as you know.  As to Metoprolol you should stay on that one and go off of Lisinopril.  Lisinoril can make people cough and can bother lung tissue.

The 2 pills work differently but Metoprolol  should be weaned off slowly.  So I would take that one and maybe a 25mg dose.  It is not good to suddenly stop that as your heart rate can jump and that can trigger tremors or anxiety.

Tremors can be from a sudden change in your lifestyle and a sudden change in meds or some event in your life.  If you need to take the Xanax and do not drive or do anything while taking it.

My sister takes Xanax at bedtime each night as she suffers with anxiety.

Stay well, any questions just ask.

Shelly

• Posted

Shelly,

Thanks for the info I guess I have to doctor on myself. I will just take 1 tablet (50mg) for this week and next week break in half and do 25mg. I will consult with my doctor on Tuesday since Monday is holiday and see how it goes.

• Posted

Hi Chiffon:

Sounds like a good plan.  Have a good Labor Day.

Shelly

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.