Back to school after cfs

Posted , 4 users are following.

This morning my 17 year old daughter got on the school bus and went to school for the first time in two years.

If you have cfs please do not give up hope. After failing to recover from a virus my daughter became increasingly unwell. In the end, she could not read or watch more than half an hour of television, she could not use a computer. She could not regulate her body temperature or blood pressure well, and sometimes struggled just to string a sentence together. The list of symptoms was endless.

Her school was great, her doctor diagnosed her without hesitation, but there was no help available. A year and a half into her illness we began working with two therapists and within weeks she had begun to break free from the grip of this horrible illness. They helped her use the power of her mind to heal her body. I would NEVER have considered that such a physical illness could respond to mind retraining, but it can. The two people who helped her were Mel Abbot of Empower therapies Auckland New Zealand, and her associate Pippa Adamson of Newleaf Changes in Bristol UK. We are forever indebted to these woman for giving us all our lives back.

Do not give up hope.

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

thats amazing ! yes power of mind is a very strong tool. i too understand not being able to even speak as ot just exhausts you !

so glad she is back at school too young to go through such trauma . at any age this is awful but at 15 .....

im at month 10 and even exhausted dizzy and feeling awful i make myself do walks errands...its really tough going but getting there one day or one hour at a time .

• Posted

You sound like you keep positive, hang in there, be kind to yourself. I really feel for you.

• Posted

thank you catherine its been hell how ive got through this alone with no family close ....ill never know . its a horrific horrendous virus that needs more media attention !

• Posted

It can be very hard for family and friends to understand this illness. Help and support are so important to recovery. I hope you can receive some kind of assistance .

• Posted

thank you ! yes my mom flew over but it was too much work now my ex stays with me a few nigts a week ...hes easy to be around and understanding.

• Posted

Hey there! Would love to hear from anyone able to give some support to me. I am fourteen and dealing with fibro and possible CFS. I have a discussion on here or you can PM me x

• Posted

Hey, I did reply to this but it seems not to have saved or sent. Sorry, I wasn't ignoring you. Hope you are getting some help. Diet helps some people but I persuaded my pasta and cheese loving 15 year old to go 5 months without gluten and dairy and it made ZERO difference to her. Don't discount it, of course, but don't try dietary changes without support. We also did hundreds of dollars worth of supplements, again, zero help. But she's now better and back at school and life is great. Hang in there!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.