Back to square one

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi does anyone else feel like they've gone back to square one after an increase been on 75mg for 5 days now from 50mg side effects not too bad bit nauseous again but mentally feel rubbish and back where i was before i started on the meds any help would be appreciated x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sue I was on sertraline  for 8months going up to 200mg personally did nothing for me apart from AWFULL side effects spoke to GP I’m now on Prozac which I’ve been on before with good results started Prozac just before xmas now on 60mg for 4 weeks been a tough ride but feeling better every day still have blips so I do mindfulness on YouTube find it helps relax good luck Sue it’s a hard journey but you’ll get there speak regularly with doc xx
  • Posted

Hi Sue, I'm a different Brenda, sorry to hear about your experience, I have been told that you will have up and down on Zoloft , if that's what your on. If it is too much talk to your doctor , let him know what's going on. Very important to keep him up on your experience with medicine. Take care and hang in there.

• Posted

Hi Sue

, Yes, when you increase you do an increase in symptoms, but it goes away , so hang in there wink. I'm on 50 but the increase from 25 was pretty rough. It gets better.

• Posted

Hi thanks for that i was on 25mg for a week then did 10 weeks on 50mg and god yeah it was hell on earth just gone to 75mg was supposed to go to 100mg but chickened out 😮 when i did the first increase it was my anxiety that was worse now it feels more like my depression x

• Posted

Just remember that it's just the medication. None of the anxeiety is real. It hard but it worked for me. CBT helped me understand my bad thinking and helped me correct this. When I started on Zoloft I go about 10x worse, but it gets 20x better,

• Posted

Usually when you increase your side effects tend to come back. Give it 4-6 weeks smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.