Back to work

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi all just an update I'm 9 weeks post op and going to to work tomorrow on reduced hours for a few weeks so wish me look, I'm ok in myself just sore on belly above incision line and my left stomach aches some time and tired I could just fall asleep anywhere sometimes lol, my belly is still swollen but work said I can wear comfortable trousers so that's good ?? 

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Good luck hope all goes well your work seem very supportive x
  • Posted

Wow glad you get to head back to work I'm climbing the walls at 3 weeks post op but I've got a ways to go yet! Best of Luck to you on your return !!

• Posted

I know how u feel Debra. I was climbing the walls after ten days. I'm now 4 week's post op. Dr says I can drive again, so that's uplifting. 3-4 weeks b4 I go back to work.

• Posted

Make sure you check with you car insurance. Even if dr says yes some insurances say no until 6 wks depending on what op you've had done. Would hate you to get into bother if involved in an accident. X

• Posted

My consultant also said I could drive at 4 weeks 5 days post op. He said as long as I could do an emergency stop without pain it was safe to drive. I never even thought to check with my insurance company! Thanks x
    • Posted

Oh wow didn't realise that. Thanks 4 the heads up. I will wait then another few weeks. Thank u x

• Posted

You may not have to wait. But the info I was given had a bite at bottom stipulating that although you may be ok to drive from 4 weeks you must check with insurance company. They may say it's ok but definitely beat to check. In 11wjs and atill haven't tried driving. (My choice) x

• Posted

Best of luck but remember to take it easy. x
  • Posted

Hi, good luck going back to work. I am 5 weeks & 2 days post op, I'm going back to work on Thursday, still 30 hours but lighter duties until 8 weeks post op, so I'm going to take it easy! I still feel quite tired and have a large numb patch above my scar, still got prickly, burning type tingling but that's just the nerves reconnecting apparently! I'm also still a bit bloated and windy. Saw my consultant and he's really pleased with my progress, my scar and checked me internally too. Apparently I'll be okay to have intercourse now but I'll be leaving that for a while thanks!!! ??

• Posted

Wow best wishes I only took a week and a half off after bilateral salpingo total good luck to every courageous woman who had to have such a surgery
  • Posted

Hope it goes well.  Nice to get their support.  If for any reason you cant manage something easily tho, dont....so easy to set yourself back.  And def take more time off if you need to.  A lot of folks have said they really struggled before 13+ weeks...every recovery (and op) is different. Very Best wishes to you. 
    • Posted

Thanks Karen I did half day Monday and full day Tuesday after work Tuesday I was so tired moody my belly was sore and swollen so very tough more than you think I don't lift as work in specsavers but had today off and was sleeping lots, you think you can do it but your body says no lol x

• Posted

Yep, found it was very much a case of the mind was ready before the body...x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.