Back to work

Posted , 3 users are following.

'Hello peeps'

I returned to work, on a phased return, yesterday, after 11 weeks off. I am semi retired so phasing me back in is easier.

It was good to get back with my friends there.

There is a but... I was absolutely exhausted by the time I went home & my knee was really painful. It was & still is very swollen. I am about to ice again. I am a receptionist in a (mainly) NHS dental practice & am on my feet a lot, with climbing onto a step stool (using unoperated leg) to get records out of a tall filing cabinet & leaning over the desk to take payment.

However it feels good to be back 'in the world' again.

I am still having physio, my bend still needs work, but am getting there. Still on the co codamol 2 or if needed 3 times a day.

There is light at the end of the tunnel!

Happy new year folks.

Marilyn

XX

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

that is cool marilyn10235 some of us had also a semi good recovery and must admit my 2nd one now 8 weeks p.o is doing so well i am free walking just the steps still a bit ouchy lol regards danie61

• Posted

Well done Danie, lets both keep up the good work and get properly mobilised.

I know what you mean about the stairs though! Not pretty to watch chez moi!

Regards

Marilyn

XX

• Posted

Sounds like you are doing really really well for where you are in the recovery process. I am a nurse and went back to work at about 14 weeks with a phased in schedule as well. I started with 6 hour shifts and am now up to 10 hour shifts. I was incredibly swollen and sore at the end of the day and that continues to be the case, but I do not work 2 days in a row usually so I have a day to rest and recover afterward.  Keep up the good work and positive attitude. You are doing the right thing with icing and elevating when you get home. Continue with your exercises even though you are tired - work is not a substitute for the exercises. Congrats and wishing you continued good healing!!
    • Posted

Thank you Dee

I am just getting some feeling back in the outside if knee. It still feels numb deep inside- strange feeling!

It is good to be doing 'normal' things again though.

I wish you all the best for your healing too.

Best wishes

Marilyn

XX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.