Back to work

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone. Hope you are all recovering well. 13 weeks p/o now, how time flies. It doesn’t seem like 5 minutes that I was in so much pain, couldn’t walk, and had no sleep but I’ve been back to work a week now and although I was a little apprehensive it was very successful. I managed to do a full week without much discomfort. I am lucky I work with a great bunch of people and they made sure I was ok. I  just  wanted to reiterate this recovery takes time and patience.

Keep up the good work and good luck with your recoveries 😊

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Wendi, it's always good to hear of successful recoveries. I'm pleased for you.

Keep up the good work, but don't forget it really is early days still, don't do too much at once. TKR recovery can take up to 2 years.

Meanwhile keep up your exercise schedule, rest, ice & elevate & keep plenty of 'me time'. 

Also keep up the lovely uplifting posts. It really is good to hear success stories.

Marilyn 

XX

• Posted

Hi Marilyn thank you. I definitely appreciate how far I’ve come and I think the exercises will be a way of life from now on. Although it’s for my recovery I find them quite relaxing and it is a form of me time 😊 

Each day is a different day isn’t it but it is still early days. Each time I get a little further it spurs me on. 

Hope you are doing well 😊

• Posted

Hi!  So happy for you.  It does take patient to get through TKR I'm doing ok on one knee and making very slow progress on the other.  Hopefully i will make more progress real soon.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.