Back to work

Posted , 2 users are following.

Good morning folks.

For the past 4 months I have been out of work but every opportunity to return to work I have been suffering with quite severe panic attacks, anxiety and what seems to be up and down mood levels (With the only place that I seem to be free from this is my home)

The issue I'm seeing to have is that I get to a couple of days before I'm due to start & the panic is so severe I end up cancelling, Now I have always suffered with anxiety & depression but this seems to be taking complete control of my life.

Is there any tips / suggestions anybody has? as I feel awful not being able to go and see a job through.

Many Thanks

Trucker.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

have you always been anxious about your work? Or could it be from other things in life like relationships, etc.? What I found was that the anxiety build up in my mind was way worse than actually being at my job. I am concerned that you may lose your job in a time where it’s very important to have one. I also think that it would be good for you to speak with a counselor to help you manage all of this . especially if you feel it’s taking control of your life. It doesn’t have to. You need support right now. And perhaps even some medication to help you control your mood levels, depression and anxiety.

if your job doesn’t stress you out too much, perhaps it could be a great distraction from your anxiety. The worst thing to do is sit around at home and think about everything, overthink and get even more anxious! I myself have to keep busy.

im sorry you are going through this and I can definitely relate to you. Just remember to that you are not alone, there are millions of people all over who suffer with the same thing. But you can definitely feel better!

so if you have to go back to work shortly, you can do that but you also know that you will be reaching out for help. With anxiety, we have to know that there is hope and that’s how you can be thinking right now. You can have a goal and a plan.

The goal is to manage the anxiety much better and to feel better. One day at a time.

the plan is to get some counseling. Also reach out to your doctor to discuss this and possibly start a medication to help you feel better. Some days are better than others but you have to be a fighter for yourself and keep moving forward!

you tube has some great talks on anxiety. There is somebody called the anxiety guy. He’s really good. Also, there are some great relaxing meditation for anxiety on there as well. Hope you feel better soon. You’re going to be OK! ❤

• Posted

I've always suffered from this in one form or another & I seem to be getting the flight or fight response when trying to return to work (Which is often me running away from my problems)

As for the job itself I have always felt empowered doing the job because I know I excel at it.. I just seem to really struggling to return this time.

As for the medication I am currently taking antidepressants which are helping with the side effects caused by anxiety 😕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.