back to work tomorrow. Anxiety? IBS? HELP

Posted , 4 users are following.

Okay

Last time I went to work was last Monday. (The day I was ment to have a meeting with boss about leaving ) I came into work unwell and in a panic. 1 hour later had to leave. I am back to work tomorrow and for some reason worried now. Can some one help?

Can anxiety lead to IBS? Have so many issues with my stomach and no control over it every morning feel so sick until I have a poo then much better also huge lack of energy any advice will be amazing

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes anxiety can be major part to IBS, i have IBS due to worrying all the time.... maybe go to doctors just to make sure and they can give you some medication to help it.
  • Posted

Worry and anxiety is very draining on your energy levels, plenty carbs needed, bananas are great also. 

I know from experience that worry and anxiety does effect the digestive system and can make you go more (body wants to get rid of anything not needed for fight or flight) hence the term "sh1t yourself" when frightened. It can also cause the opposite constipation as the digestive system slows down when in an anxious state.

Your return to work and worry is I guess understandable given the experience but I find the worry is often worse than how you feel when you get there.

Worry and anxiety in itself blows things out of proportion so you could write down what your worried about and consider if it's realistic or just your head exaggerating things.

i don't know what it us your worried about but go to the website Centre for Clinical Interventions which has work modules on worrying, "what worry me" I think it's called, and how to control it and look at it in a positive light, it's not a quick hit but sounds like if you work through it it might help you short - long term especially if stomach troubles due to stress and anxiety.

• Posted

Hey there thanks for reply. 

I did go in today. Anxious as always went in (stuck in traffic didn't help) stomach sore and heart burn arrived. I did about 2 hours pysical work then exhausted so tired and return of my stomach and heart burn. Started chatting about what worry's me makes me worse. Went to van and lay down felt better a hour later.

Why do I get like this ? :-(

• Posted

I have learned to let go and let God. God will heal you in his time. Just except the anxiety and change the way you think. Its a habit . You have to change the habit. It takes time and there are setbacks but you can do it. I suffered severely, lost weight, tried medicine and felt out of control and a prisioner of my own thoughts. But now I don't question my anxiety levels all day and don't think about how I feel. I replace it with positive thinking, prayer, faith and stay busy. Good luck .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.