Bacterial bronchitis and exposed to Flu, strain A

Posted , 4 users are following.

Diagnosed with bacterial bronchitis, then found out son has flu, strain A. Prescribed Azithromycin and Tamiflu. Really scared since news has hyped up people with flu dying sad im 33 years old, overweight but otherwise healthy. What do you guys think? Do I Need to be worried? 24 hours on tamiflu and azityhromycin. My bronchitis seems to be abating but I feel really exhausted. Didn't sleep well but staying hydrated and lying down. No Fever Above 99.6

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Excellent that you are taking the family. Studies show taking tamiflu will help to not get the full flu or get it very mild. Bad news is ur system is compromised from bronchitis. My advise eat well sleep well drink lots fluids and wash sons bedding pillows etc. If u got the flu shot you will also have 30 percent help. You will know in the next few days what will happen. Stay on tamiflu and try to keep ur son in one place so gge doesn't spread flu. Headaches body aches is first sign of flu. Keep hydrated it will help. Drink water with lemon in it. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi there!

I’m sorry you and your son are sick. Me and my 1 & 3 year olds are too.

My suggestion: Have someone stop at your local target and buy you a pulse oximeter. It’s a little device about $30 that you put on your finger that measures your pulse and importantly your O2 level in your blood. It’s so helpful to see good oxygen levels when your feeling anxious about your symptoms. I read it’s a great indicator for catching pneumonia early. Anything below 94% is a concern. Best of luck, get well!

• Posted

AWWW I’m sorry your sick...I know your pain and what your going through...this is a battle everyday as we struggle to do normal activities....is the morning worse for you or a time different times?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.