Skip to content
Ad

Influenza

Also known as Flu and Flu Jab

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Is this Flu or Flu Jab?

So last week at work two or three people came in with really bad flu, coughing and sneezing everywhere. Too poorly to be at work really but hey ho! So I thought to myself I’d go and get the flu jab, so Friday came around and I booked myself in for Saturday morning. Off I went to have the flu jab, which...

Last reply
  • Flu Jab Useless :(

Hi, Like a good boy took my flu jab 2-3 weeks ago, then last couple of days developed full flu, coughing, sneezing, headaches, sandpaper-sore throat: the lot. Demoralising. What's gone wrong with the jabs this year, haven't had flu in donkey's years. Thanks, Owen

Posted
  • Are Night sweats normal 3 weeks after flu-like symptoms?

On October I got the flu vaccine at Costco. However on January 12 I started having flu-like symptoms: severe sore throat and dry cough that lasted for 10 days, 2-3 days of mild fever, extremely week and sore joints for about 4 days, no runny nose but felt congested and post-nasal drip, and swollen lymph...

Last reply
  • Flu Shot

On August 10, 2016 I decided to get the Flu shot but was due until next month nonetheless, I had gotten this shot, in a few hours not only did my arm hurt but I started have bad muscle/back pains, and now it's the 23rd of August and I still am feeling these back pains. What the heck is this? I've...

Last reply
  • Recurring cold - really need help

Hi. I am a 26 years old female. I have been having recurring cold since the last year. Usually it starts with a scratchy throat which leads to fever and then accompanied by nasal congestion, headache and excess phlegm. It takes around 10 days. Leaves me weakened, exhausted and causes absenteeism from...

Last reply
  • Caught the flu Wednesday morning, 3rd day of diarrhea

I caught what I think is the flu Wednesday at 7am (it woke me up) I had to quickly get to the bathroom to use the toilet, diarrhea of course. I was shivering, getting hot flashes, and was nauseous. As soon as I was done pooping I flushed and my mouth started watering and immediately I had to vomit. At...

Last reply
  • Constant Flu/Sinus Issues

I'm a 22 year old, male, 186cm/80kg, healthy, fit, active, student. Ever since I was 19, I've had serious problems which seem to be like reccurent Flu / Sinus infections.It's like I always have the flu, it never really goes away but just abates gradually before it flares back up. I've...

Last reply
  • Flu Season

According to the staff in my surgery, the flue season is here again. Are the strains this year the same as those for last year? I live in the UK, how do the manufacturers of the vaccine know which strains are likely to effect Britain? Out of interest, where do these type of viruses originate (originally)?...

Last reply
  • Has an old illness changed my brain chemistry?

I have been feeling sensations ever since i was 11 after i had, what i consider, a bad flu episode. I have never hilucinated at all before or since in my life, nor have i knowingly had flu or even know that this is what it was. When i was younger i was struck down for 12 hours with shivers, shaking,...

Last reply
  • weak

Does anybody else get weakness at the start of a cold or flu, or even a sore throat. Anyway to help the weakness ? Thanks

Last reply
  • Unknown illness

Hello my name is Jamila i'm 21. During a long day as a community carer. A few months back. I started to become dizzy while walking home. After the dizzy/lightheadness I would vomit then feel fine and then have another dizzy spell and vomit. This was consently happening it took ne about 45 mins to...

Last reply
  • Influenza A

This week my son was diagnosed with influenza a! I believe I ended up giving it to him but I'm not for sure because the doctor did not test me and only check my ears and nose and saw that I had a sinus infection and third behind my ear but a coworker of mine had mentioned he was diagnosed with it...

Last reply
  • Flu Vaccine and Syptoms

If someone contract flu they become ill. This makes sense to me. If someone is vaccinated against flu they cannot become infected with the virus because it is de-activated. The vaccine simply allows the body to be tricked into creating antibodies againt the flu strains associated with the vaccination....

Last reply
  • Flu jab reaction - adult?

i had the flu jab about 6 weeks ago (free from work, not for medical issues). Since then I have had either a constant runny nose or a completely blocked up nose. I've tried cold remedies which, surprise, haven't worked. I don't suffer from hay fever or any other allergies so could this be...

Last reply
  • Flu recovery

I suppose you could say that I've had my fill of it for the last month or so. At the beginning of March I had a mild case of shingles which didn't keep me off work but made me exhausted. Just when I thought I was back to my old self, I was struck down last week with the flu. It started on the...

Last reply
  • Can someone please help me

I've been ill since Christmas - 4 weeks now. I don't think it's actually flu just recurrent colds but it won't go away. From Xmas I came down with a dry cough and general malaise which went away after 10 days or so. I had already booked a doctors appointment so went anyway and she said...

Last reply
  • Post viral symptoms won't go away

I was wondering if anyone has dealt with anything similar or possibly has any advice. I had some symptoms of some kind of viral infection around 3 weeks ago, strange cold sensation in my inner ear, waking up with night sweats and burning up sometimes during the day. This then developed into a horrid...

Last reply
  • Who's had this year's flu jab?

I had mine on Monday and I'm starting to think I'm having side effects. I never get migraines but I've had one for the past two days since having my flu jab and I've been extremely tired. Was wondering if anyone's had similar?

Last reply
  • Ive been sick for 2 weeks with flu symptoms?

I've been sick with my sinuses and my head killing me and they are extremely inflamed where ive already gone through 3 boxes of tissues and its been going on for about two weeks and it just keeps getting worse and it just started today where i am getting nauseous and throwing up and every day i have...

Last reply
  • How to avoid Stomach Flu?

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone had any advice. There's a very bad vomiting bug going around at the moment. I have just started university and there have been multiple bugs since starting but this one seems nasty! I have a phobia of being sick so this is a nightmare for me...does anyone have...

Posted
  • Severe muscle pain when I wake up?

5 days ago I rapidly developed the symptoms of flu, namely fever, headache, severe muscle pains, exhaustion etc. I spent a couple of days unable to move from my bed, sweated and shivered and ate very little. I did not go to the doctor because I understand that this virus is highly contagious and I...

Last reply
  • H1N1 for a month...still going...

Hello so i contarcted H1N1 on september 1st...was sick as anthing..coughed up green fleghm..those severe symptoms left...a week later i felt ill agian..since then...i have post nasal drip can hardley smell sometimes...i cough up clear phleghm now..and havent seen green for weeks..a Dr took a blood test...

Posted
  • 42º C

I felt absolutely like death on Wednesday and managed to get an emergency dr.s appt who found that I had a temperature of 42ºC, is thisa very high? he gave me the impression that it was.  I had all sorts of aches and paimns, headache, disaturbed vsion, dizziness etc etc.  They didn't...

Last reply
  • A few issues now for a few days, what should I do?

Good evening, For the last few days now, I thought that I had been suffering from toothache, however, it seems to be my jaw/gums that are the problem. Symptoms: - Stiff/uncomfortable jaw all on the left side of my face. Not painful, but more like a dull kind of ache? My gum inside my mouth on the left...

Last reply
  • H1N1 Flu Shot side effects! Please help

Hi. Let me tell you a bit about my current situation and background. All my neurological symptoms began after my flu shot this September. The day after I developed a sever headache that lasted for 5 days ( I never get headaches, knew it was strange to). As soon as the headaches stopped 5 days later I...

Last reply
  • swollen cheeks inside

Hi there, I'm currentlyin the middle of the flu and one of the symptoms I have noticed (which I presume must be connected as it hasn't happened before) is that my back teeth are rubbing against my inside cheeks, which is really painful, because they feel swollen. Would it just be swollen...

Posted
  • Constant Chest Infections and Sore Throats and Fever, HELP!!

Hi, I am a 52 year old Male. Was fit and Healthy until a year ago. I was going to Pump and Tone, Spinning Classes, Cycling and was really enjoying life. I haven't daink or smoked for a long time. Suddenly over a year ago I got a Flu or bad cold anyway, fought it off myself at home. Returned to normal...

Last reply
  • Doxazosin

I have been taking Doxazosin 2 mg tablet from Mid Sept 2013 to Mid November and all ok until the first week in November I started having shortness of breath and difficulty swallowing. Plus about 10 other small side effects which are listed in their pamphlet. In the middle of November I awoke with severe...

Last reply
  • Cough, Cold, Back Pain after H1N1 infection

Hi my name is Ashok, I had H1N1 25 days back, I am recovered but I still have Cough, Cold, Dry Mouth, Back pain(upper right side) and some weakness in my body, will it take some more time for complete recovery ? or Do I need to go to Doctor ? Please Suggest.. Regards, Ashok

Posted
  • Had flu for 8 days, what else can I do?

I started coughing the evening of 5th March, by the time morning came I had a sore throat, sneezing and was experiencing general aches. I came home that evening and my symptoms gradually worsened, I became hot, feverish, had a decreased appetite and overall just felt absolutely awful. I now have a productive...

Posted
  • Cough / sweats

So i have had a cough, night sweats, weight loss, of appetite for around 1.5 weeks. I had been given a 5 day amoxicillin course, which i finished.  This improved by symptoms but not massively. Now i am on co-amoxiclav day 3 of a 7 day course.  I am still brining up green phlegm, seems...

Posted
  • Vomiting and temperature

I had a fever on Friday night with a high temperature. It's 4 days now and my appetite still isn't right. I am drinking plenty of fluids. How long more will it take for virus to wash out of my system?

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.