Skip to content

Influenza

Also known as Flu and Flu Jab

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Does the flu have a smell

So I have the flu for the second time this season and I am experiencing some sort of chemical odor seeping through my skin. Smells strong and toxic. I've tried to shower it off but it's not helping. Has anyone experienced this, is this normal? Also, please do not advice me to take the flu shot...

Last reply
  • How long does flu normnally last

I believe I have the influenza B strain. Had it about ten days now. Although the cold-type symptoms are nearly gone, the worst part is how utterly fatigued I am. It feels like one step forward, one step back...I barely have the strength to walk about and when I do feel a bit better I...

Last reply
  • Are Night sweats normal 3 weeks after flu-like symptoms?

On October I got the flu vaccine at Costco. However on January 12 I started having flu-like symptoms: severe sore throat and dry cough that lasted for 10 days, 2-3 days of mild fever, extremely week and sore joints for about 4 days, no runny nose but felt congested and post-nasal drip, and swollen lymph...

Last reply
  • Flu - “A” Strain- Still Sick. Started Around 2/16/2018

Anyone else still sick with this “A” strain flu? Not sure which strain, but lab confirmed “A”. The sore throat, fatigue, muscle aches, fever just keep coming back. Now I have a nasty sinus headache today too. I can’t find anything online about how long this lasts. Was on antibiotics as they thought I...

Last reply
  • cant breath after flu!!!!!

Hello ,it all started with a dry cough that lasted 3 days and last Monday it hit me like a ton of bricks. I never saw the doctor because I was way to sick to leave the bed and I always give my body a chance to fight it,13 days and all that is left is a tad bit of trouble breathing and fatigue,is that...

Posted
  • Post viral syndrome fatigue after flu/illness - please help

Hi I'm a 21 year old male who's currently a college student. I came down with a sore throat and a common cold which dissipated after a few days. The following day I went to the gym feeling if I was over my cold to do some light treadmill cardio; the moment I got on going maybe 2 mph I felt an...

Last reply
  • Recurring cold - really need help

Hi. I am a 26 years old female. I have been having recurring cold since the last year. Usually it starts with a scratchy throat which leads to fever and then accompanied by nasal congestion, headache and excess phlegm. It takes around 10 days. Leaves me weakened, exhausted and causes absenteeism from...

Last reply
  • Health anxiety and flu exposure

Hi guys! I have the worst health anxiety, but am otherwise a relatively healthy 26 year old female. I work in customer service, and today I helped a gentleman who told me that he had three kids at home with the flu. Granted, he seemed to know what he was doing and quarantined his kids and was keeping...

Last reply
  • Flu paranoia

So bear with me with this. It is currently Saturday. This last Monday in fell ill with a cough. The next day had chills and hot flashes with fatigue. The following day I had a runny nose, post nasal drip, and sneezing. And the last day I suffered from body pains and fatigue only. Every day was bad but...

Last reply
  • Cant tell if I have Flu or a Cold?

With all this flu talk has me a little concerned. Been for past 3 days with a fever. No I don't think is a high fever because I could still walk around the house, talk etc. I do have a runny nose , lots of mucus and lots of cough. Sometimes 90% dry cough and sometimes mucus just comes up. ​Yesterday...

Last reply
  • Contagious?

Does anyone know if your contagious if you have hoarseness related to the flu?  I don't have the flu but when I was at the dentist office the dental assistant was hoarse.

Last reply
  • Tamiflu works - how my family beat H3N2 in 3 days

I'm here to share our story. I wanted to post this because I read a lot of comments on the web about Tamiflu's ability to help with the flu and how it's not a cure and can only help make it less severe - that is if it works. We were all diagnosed with H3N2 Type A back to back (1 day apart)....

Last reply
  • Flu and fever

I’ve had the flu for five days and can’t get rid of the fever.  Is this the norm?   It never gets higher than 101.5 and responds to ibuprofen and acetaminophen.   I have Rx for prednisone and Zithromax.   Should I start them or wait a while?  

Last reply
  • Family members want me to get a flu shot...

... because I'm around my elderly father, who has asthma, a few days a week (he's had his flu shot). So, to me, there's 2 options. Don't get the shot, and there's a small chance I'll be sick for about a week, which is about how long I had the flu for in the past. Or, get the shot...

Last reply
  • Bacterial bronchitis and exposed to Flu, strain A

Diagnosed with bacterial bronchitis, then found out son has flu, strain A. Prescribed Azithromycin and Tamiflu. Really scared since news has hyped up people with flu dying im 33 years old, overweight but otherwise healthy. What do you guys think? Do I Need to be worried? 24 hours on tamiflu and...

Last reply
  • Nauseous/tired/depressed after having the flu

I'm not sure if what I'm struggling with is an IBS flare up, Acid reflux, an H Pylori infection or something different. I think this started about 3 weeks ago when I got my wisdom teeth out, and took antibiotics for about 5 days (Amoxicillin.) I had to stop taking them because I felt very ill...

Last reply
  • IS IT THE FLU????

Ok well whatever hit me a couple nights ago is back but still no fever above 100. Just feel warm/cold, body aches and clammy, a little discomfort in my chest/ribs. And it only last a few hours. Any ideas??? I don’t seem to be getting the bad stuff (knock on wood) the rest of my family (positive for influenza...

Last reply
  • Is this Flu or Flu Jab?

So last week at work two or three people came in with really bad flu, coughing and sneezing everywhere. Too poorly to be at work really but hey ho! So I thought to myself I’d go and get the flu jab, so Friday came around and I booked myself in for Saturday morning. Off I went to have the flu jab, which...

Last reply
  • Flu Jab Useless :(

Hi, Like a good boy took my flu jab 2-3 weeks ago, then last couple of days developed full flu, coughing, sneezing, headaches, sandpaper-sore throat: the lot. Demoralising. What's gone wrong with the jabs this year, haven't had flu in donkey's years. Thanks, Owen

Last reply
  • Had diarrhea a days any help

Hi I got the flu about a days ago runny nose cough achy body and had to Diarrhea for 8 days anybody else out there had the same kind of symptoms hey what did you do to get rid of it

Last reply
  • Flu vaccine

I'm so annoyed with flu vaccine again. We take the time out to get this shot and once again it's not effective on h3n2 because of it's mutation. That's BS. These drs should know it mutates.

Posted
  • Cold and Flu season is upon us.

If you are trying to get away from all the antibiotics, then there are a few different natural ways.  Me personally has not been down with anything for years.  My throat might get a little sore now and then, but is usually gone the next day.  I use a liquid silver supplement, that I get...

Last reply
  • Side effects that last almost a month?

My husband had had the flu vaccination on 26th October and ever since he has been unwell. He has had a fever on and off, fatigue, now he has nausea and occasional vomiting. He also has no appetite. He says he generally feels unwell. Surely this isn't normal?

Last reply
  • Flu Shot

On August 10, 2016 I decided to get the Flu shot but was due until next month nonetheless, I had gotten this shot, in a few hours not only did my arm hurt but I started have bad muscle/back pains, and now it's the 23rd of August and I still am feeling these back pains. What the heck is this? I've...

Last reply
  • Caught the flu Wednesday morning, 3rd day of diarrhea

I caught what I think is the flu Wednesday at 7am (it woke me up) I had to quickly get to the bathroom to use the toilet, diarrhea of course. I was shivering, getting hot flashes, and was nauseous. As soon as I was done pooping I flushed and my mouth started watering and immediately I had to vomit. At...

Last reply
  • Constant Flu/Sinus Issues

I'm a 22 year old, male, 186cm/80kg, healthy, fit, active, student. Ever since I was 19, I've had serious problems which seem to be like reccurent Flu / Sinus infections.It's like I always have the flu, it never really goes away but just abates gradually before it flares back up. I've...

Last reply
  • Flu Season

According to the staff in my surgery, the flue season is here again. Are the strains this year the same as those for last year? I live in the UK, how do the manufacturers of the vaccine know which strains are likely to effect Britain? Out of interest, where do these type of viruses originate (originally)?...

Last reply
  • Has an old illness changed my brain chemistry?

I have been feeling sensations ever since i was 11 after i had, what i consider, a bad flu episode. I have never hilucinated at all before or since in my life, nor have i knowingly had flu or even know that this is what it was. When i was younger i was struck down for 12 hours with shivers, shaking,...

Last reply
  • weak

Does anybody else get weakness at the start of a cold or flu, or even a sore throat. Anyway to help the weakness ? Thanks

Last reply
  • Unknown illness

Hello my name is Jamila i'm 21. During a long day as a community carer. A few months back. I started to become dizzy while walking home. After the dizzy/lightheadness I would vomit then feel fine and then have another dizzy spell and vomit. This was consently happening it took ne about 45 mins to...

Last reply
  • Influenza A

This week my son was diagnosed with influenza a! I believe I ended up giving it to him but I'm not for sure because the doctor did not test me and only check my ears and nose and saw that I had a sinus infection and third behind my ear but a coworker of mine had mentioned he was diagnosed with it...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.