White sore on roof of mouth while having flu, is this normal?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

I have had flu for the last few days and have been taking meds for this and have been getting better but yesterday i woke up and had a large white sore on one side at the roof of my mouth and 5 small spots on the tip of my tongue, can anyone tell me if this is normal or have had the same thing just looking for a bit of advice thanks in advance

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

flu is viral so yes it could be from flu just like a cankersore is viral. flu can give rashes. If it doesn't go away in few days then see your Dr again. Also did you get a flu vaccine and if yes when did you get it, also did the Dr say what strain of flu you have like A or B, also did you come up positive with a swab from your nasal cavity or throat. what are your other symptoms

• Posted

Also can you tell me what state you live in. I track flu through the season. I ask about vaccine because last year vaccine was not very good but new formula thus year so curious to see if you got shot and if Dr told you what strain you have. people sometimes get rashes so I would say the sores are def viral and will heal and go away

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.