Post-jab immune system issue?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

Was advised to avoid public places for two weeks after my flu jab because my immune system would be low during this time.

Is this correct please?

Thank you.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

not sure where you got a flu shot but whoever gave you that information is wrong. flu shots due not bring ur immune system down. it's inactive strains of flu. some people get sore in area of injection, some people may feel mild illness. 9 out of 10 people will just have soreness in the area of the shot. if you get sick after the flu shot it just means you were exposed to a germ somewhere. flu shot also takes about two weeks to be effective. any other questions please feel free to ask. any MD will tell you to go on with normal life after flu shot.

• Posted

Thanks.

Maybe she meant the jab wouldn't be fully effective until two weeks time, so to avoid public areas - if possible - until then?

Felt pretty grotty yesterday but feel normal today.

• Posted

yes probably that's what she meant. inactive strains can cause you to feel somewhat cRapp but for a short period of time. we'll worth avoiding the flu. plus they added to our vaccine this year because flu b was so bad last year. problem is flu starts from an animal and it mutates so it's so hard to get coverage for exact strains because of mutations. glad u r better and yes takes two weeks for protection from the strain in flu shot. good luck this season and best way is don't touch face and wash hands all the time.

• Posted

Thanks. Picked up something last year at the beginning of November, I'd had a flu jab so felt invulnerable. How wrong I was, almost ended up in hospital with a pair of lungs full of congestion & the most sore throat I can ever remember.

How long does flu take to trigger please? I'd like to identify the incident which knocked me out last year, if possible, so I know what to avoid.

• Posted

sounds like you had flu B last year. 7 out of 10 people had it whether flu shot or not. last year's flu sent almost everyone who had it to er. the vaccine last year only protected about 30 percent. that's what happens when these strains mutate. hard for scientists to pin point strain because it changes as it travels. this year vaccine little different they put few more strains along flu B lines. thus far no outbreaks reported. go to flu map or cdc and you can track it weekly from state to state. usually after exposing urself it takes 24 to 48 hours to show symptoms. strain a was weak last year and strain b mutated and was one of the worse I history. two days prior to you getting sick remember who you were around or where were you. sometimes strains can live on countertops etc. for a while until you touch it then you get it. last year's mutant strain could not be killed by Lysol. only Clorox was killing it. if tell into the one percent of germ that could not be killed. anyway check back on here in the next month or so when flu will peak. usually peaks early December through late March. you will know if another outbreak this year. spread the word only way to fight is flu shot and don't touch face and wash hands for twenty seconds always warm water. Keep areas clean with Clorox wipes. let me know how I can help in any way. stay healthy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.