Why do I keep getting sick?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone. I have this problem and its annoying the heck out of me. Why do i keep getting sick? Like, all the time, even during the summer, if i go for a run, sweat, and then get a breeze of cold air on me, i will likely have a soar throat tomorrow, and if i get cold water on me, don't even make plans for tomorrow. I was just sick 2 weeks ago, and now I'm sick again, and i have no Idea why. And every time i get sick, it takes me weeks to get better. Like, i wont be terribly sick, just bad enough to keep me from doing things, the body temperature stays around 99.2*F. And the weird part is, I'm a 20 year old, strong dude, shouldn't my immune system be super strong? I'm planning on going out in sea to work on a ship this summer for a month, and it would suck if i got sick on the second day. Any suggestion how I can improve my health? Oh by the way, I'll admit, my diet isn't the greatest. Thanks.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

i would say nothing is wrong with you but before you go out for a month you need to boost ur immune system. i would start taking something daily and continue to take when your away. take elderberry, its proven to boost the immune system.. before you go out for a month on a boat see if you can get a blood test done. any urgent care will do it. just make sure your numbers are where they should be. when the weather goes from cold to hot it is difficult for your body to regulate tempature, therefore when your exposed to a germ while your body is getting use to colder temps its more accessible to take in that germ. i advise a blood test and elderberry. best of luck hopefully this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.