Flu Jabs in the Local Pharmacy

Posted , 1 user is following.

This year my wife and I have called our local surgery four times to ask about annual flu jabs. On each occasion, we have just got a shrug of the shoulders from the Reception staff. Last week, I had a GP appointment. When I asked for a fifth time about flu jabs, I was told that they had run out of stock for the over 65s (we should have just keep calling) but my wife and I could have an appointment in mid-November stocks permitting! Thankfully, one of the Receptionists quietly suggested that we would do better calling into our local Chemist (caveated by, 'I shouldn't be telling you this, but this is where I am going for mine'.).

We popped into the Chemist on the way home and made an appointment for two days later. 'Denis the Chemist' could not have been more professional. He meticulously went through the form; checked batch numbers etc and went carefully through possible side effects. The actual vaccination was painless with no bleeding, and no subsequent bruising. My wife was a little concerned that we might be doing our surgery out of some much needed funds; however, we know where we will be going for our flu jabs next year.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.