Does the flu have a smell

Posted , 10 users are following.

So I have the flu for the second time this season and I am experiencing some sort of chemical odor seeping through my skin. Smells strong and toxic. I've tried to shower it off but it's not helping. Has anyone experienced this, is this normal? Also, please do not advice me to take the flu shot because I already have. Thanks!

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I don’t recall having this but try taking a good Epsom salt bath. That gets rid of any toxins in the body. Also you can try standard Process supplements for toxins 

• Posted

In all my years of research I have never heard of a smell from the body with flu. It may be a reaction ur body is having. That one you will have to start ur own research. If you have had the flu twice that's really horrible. I'm assuming you have been tested? Also since you had a flu shot which gives a high percentage of flu B prevention which flu have you tested positive to A or B? Once you had ur first flu u should have immunity from that strain. Twice in one season is extremely rare especially cause you had a shot also. Are you sure it's flu again especially with the oder issue maybe it's some other type of virus

• Posted

Oh my..I don’t think I’ve heard that happeneig before....hmmm I hope someone would know what it could be...I wish I could help you On that
  • Posted

Ice tell you that me and my husband both were talking yesterday about everything taste like metal, him and I both car seats influenza B, it seems to want to dehydrate your body make everything taste horrible. I've also had a problem with it dropping my O2 levels there's nothing normal about this influenza. I'm scared for my life.

• Posted

This is definitely strange and could be something else going on. In my opinion which is not professional I would say go to your Dr and have them run blood work to see if your levels are off. The liver usually is what makes people taste buds effective. Good luck
  • Posted

Yes there is a strange smell seeping while someone having flu but this is just a warning to them to keep us healthy.

• Posted

I contracted the killer flue at the end of January this year, and continue to get repercussions.  The smell is definitely a reality but I felt it was evolving from inflamation in my unacesable nasal passages.  To me it smelt like cold porridge or something gloopy and tired.  I have been using a nasal wash, bit scary to start but works really well.  I intend to use it every time I feel the onset of a cold.  Goood luck with that. For some reason I still have unreliable knee joints but doing excersises which are helping.
  • Posted

I have not heard or experienced it ever. However, if you find an odd smell, you can get rid of this by using an antibacterial shower gel to help cover up the smell as well as get rid of germs. Whenever you are feeling sick, you should consider using an antiseptic body wash or odor neutralizer to prevent the spread of the germs.
  • Posted

My experience of the flue was so bad, I wouldn't have cared what I smelt like. I just didnt want to die.

My nasal passages and lungs produced such large quanities of mucus to get rid of the virus, it wouldnt be surprising if I didnt smell my usual fragrant self during that period. That was the last of my worries.

I was confined to bed for nearly two weeks anyway. and banned all visitors.

• Posted

I had a similar incident about five years ago. I was at work and began to feel off. It was the end of my shift, so I thought I was just exhausted. I noticed an odor coming from myself that I had never before. It was the smell of something dead Within minutes, I was feeling sick to my stomach with a headache like I’ve never felt before either. The odor was so strong by the time I got home my plan was to shower immediately. By the time I got there, I was crawling to my front porch just to get in the house. I made it to the bathroom and began throwing up. I was in bed for three days with that odor even after showering.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.