Flu - “A” Strain- Still Sick. Started Around 2/16/2018

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anyone else still sick with this “A” strain flu? Not sure which strain, but lab confirmed “A”. The sore throat, fatigue, muscle aches, fever just keep coming back. Now I have a nasty sinus headache today too. I can’t find anything online about how long this lasts. Was on antibiotics as they thought I had Strep throat too. Anyone else have this? Feeling frustrated as it sounds like many of you are. Thank you.  PS. I did have a flu shot too, like most of you I am sure..

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I feel your pain, I thought I had mono to begin with because the symptoms fit.

I got to the point where I ended up in the ER yesterday, thinking I was going to die. I had a barrage of tests including an EKG, Blood work, chest X-ray and urine test.

All came back clear, and they said I flu that has also caused tonsilitis. But I feel like s**t again today and my anxiety is back and causing my muscles to go weak again.

I've got an appointment with my Dr soon, so hopefully that will finally put my mind at rest.

Hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

I had the the really bad H3 strain in Australia in 2017. That's the A strain.

Symptoms changed but I got better after 6 months. I lost my job.

I suffered from anxiety for the first time in my life but eventually figured out it was from a viral inner ear infection ( another part of the flu) and once my spatial awareness came good, I was no longer dizzy and no longer had that impending sense of doom.

Antiobiotics made me worse and don't work as it's viral. Use epsom salt baths, ginger, lemon and honey tea and thyme tea. Use lavender oil all over your body for anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.