Problems after getting Flu Shot

Posted , 4 users are following.

I got the flu shot 8 days ago.

After getting the shot i had pain in the upper arm. Initially ignored it but the pain keeps increasing day by day and today i feel numbness in my fingers.

Two days ago the doctor's office called me and told me that my mistake they gave me the shot from multi vial instead of a single doze vial. So probably i got a lot more than what i should've injected.

Is the numbness because of the flu shot?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Just the mention the pain is a radiating pain that starts from the upper arm and goes down towards the lower part of the arm.

• Posted

the only difference is there is Mercury in the multi vial. doesn't mean you got more then what you should have. some places take the cheaper way and purchase multi vial vaccines instead of single doses for shelf life purposes. still has the same formula as the single dose but has more additives in it like mercury to last longer. years ago all the flu shots were this way until all the debate began with the mercury causing autism. which by the way was never a proven fact. it is still approved to make with mercury but most companies by it single dose without it. wherever you got the shot from bought it in multi vials. its no big deal. you did not get more then you should have gotten. soreness in the area can last several days. tingling in ur fingers sounds more like nerves. i can only think that they hit a nerve in ur muscle area when they gave you the shot. give it another day or so and see if the tingling goes away. if not go back to a dr and advise the issue. hope this helps a little

• Posted

Hi, I hope by now your arm is feeling better?

I've been having the flu jab for nearly thirty years and I've had a similar reaction to you twice in that time.

I suspect it has something to do with the particular stains of flu that are in the jab on those years.

My arm got really sore and had a very large hard lump under the skin for about two weeks or so. I also felt a bit off for a few days but nothing serious.

It's a nuisance when it happens but I can assure you it's nothing like as bad as your whole body feels if you get flu, it's horrendous.

Keep an eye on it, and how you feel in general, and if you have any concerns see your GP.

• Posted

hello

my hand and arm got numb so had to go to a neurologist. it was not the dosage of the flu shot .

while giving the shot they hit the radial nerve in the arm.

i am on prednisone right now for two weeks and have to get MRI and nerve study in few days.

• Posted

Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that.

I hope the medication helps your arm and wish you a speedy recovery. Take care.

• Posted

I've had the injection site to swell for a few days and the body responds with a fever but that just means I had antibodies for that particular strain and they responded to the dead virus at the injection site. About 25 years ago, I skipped the vaccine and had a very bad case of it which took close to two weeks to recover. After that incident, I get one every year between October 15th and November 15th. Protection only lasts six or seven months. primarily the winter months, so I make a point of not going too early.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.