Mild fever / headache lasting for weeks

Posted , 1 user is following.

About 4 weeks ago I came back home from work (I work outside) and after few hours my temperature went up to about 38.5°C. It went back down to normal in about 2 days and for the next week I had a runny nose and was coughing (typical cold/flu stuff) but it all went away fairly quickly so I decided to go back to work. After coming home from work my temperature went back up to about 38°C . After this for the next 2 weeks or so I've been having low grade fevers (going up to 37.3°C) randomly throughout the day and headaches almost every single day and feeling tired/fatigued. Overall this whole thing has been going for almost a month now and it doesn't seem to go away.

I went to see a GP and she told me that I have inflammation in my throat and she prescribed me some throat spray and Ibuprofen even though there's almost no pain in my throat.

Perhaps anyone had a similar case and could recommend something?

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.