Have not been able to smell or taste anything for 6days

Posted , 3 users are following.

I ended up getting the flu on Christmas and by Wednesday all my symptom's had me bed ridden until Saturday/Sunday when I was able to finally breathe but lots of congestion and mucus and sinus pressure as well as tons of mucus in my throat. The pressure in my sinuses make me dizzy and my ears continue to pop.. though my level of hearing differs. I'm mainly concerned with my sense of smell being gone. Its never been gone this long or as completely as this. Its been 6 days.. and even though i can pretty much breathe through my nose.. my sense of smell and taste hasn't returned. Plus this sinus headache had been here for about 5 days.

im

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

influenza is very dangerous this day and age i contracted a mutated variant of H1N1 in 2016 which traveled to my sinuses and gave me swelling on the brain. my advice never skip out on you're flu shot. i get one every year now and its the best defence we have. My story is quite rare but if you're symptoms get worse go to you're local hospital please.

• Posted

Stephie, it seems you might still be having the virus in you. It sometimes does not go that easy. Though, I am not a fun of taking too many medications, I do however, prefer and use vitamins made mostly from herbal extracts.

One such very effective treatment I can recommend you is to take echinacea. Have you ever heard of this herb?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.