Bacterial infection

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hiya, I've been struggling with a staph infection for some time, antibiotics don't work, a few weeks ago I was took to hospital, i felt very poorly, myeart blood pressure and sugars were up, they done bloods came back very high and got told I had first stages of sepsis, they pumped me with IV and got told only way to stop infection is surgery and got told to wait for the call, I picked up abit but still spending alot of time in bed, my heart goes mad, get shortness of breath very quick even going to the toilet, today I woke to feeling really poorly again, my hearing has got worse, I've tinnitus constant and heartbeat in right ear which is worse then before, it's been nearly two weeks and still no phonecall, I no I gotta go bk to a and e but give up and resulted in tears today as feel really poorly, and know a and e can only give me a i.v as need specalist, under 2 specalist hosp, has anyone got any ideas as I don't know what to do and so poorly?

0 likes, 1 reply

Report / Delete

1 Reply

• Posted

I'm very sorry to hear you're going through this. I can sympathize because I've been battling an infection on my toe which we all assumed was staph but after finally convincing my doc to take a culture, it turns out it is pseudomonas. 

I hope by now they have reached out to you and have done what needs to be done. If not, I would explore some natural remedies to slow its progress (if not heal it altogether) while you wait. 

Also, be aware that after the infection has cleared up, I'd have my doctor order a test to see if there is still staph living on your body or in your nose. If you have become or was already colonized, it will likely result in recurrent infections. In this case, I highly recommend bathing in a Chlorhexidine solution for a week or so as well as getting a prescription for mupirocin. While you do this, I highly recommend rubbing probiotics all over your skin after each bath. This is because the baths will kill both good and bacteria from your skin so it's advisable to fill the void with good bacteria to help prevent bad bacteria from colonizing. 

To make the probiotic, empty a probiotic pill into a quart of tea and add a cup of sugar. After a few days you should see bubbling occur which is a sign of bacterial activity. Rub this on your skin for as long as you're doing the baths. After all this, you can have your doctor retest to ensure the bacteria is completely gone. Just so you know, the doctor probably will think rubbing probiotics on your body is a silly idea but I'm sure he'll agree that it's not harmful in any case.

Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up