Bacterial or viral.... not a damn person knows🙄

Posted , 3 users are following.

This past Friday night October 20 as I was leaving an amusement park I fel malaise and exhausted.  I stopped by my parents and noticed my whole body was hot.  I had a sore throat but it wasn’t a big deal just yet.  I slept all day and most of the next day feeling just drained... then the sore throat kicked in it was hard to swallow.  Sunday I went to the urgent care where I plopped down from exhaustion, as the assessed me my temp was 106, heartrate was 120. They gave me a rapid strep test, mono test, and flu swab all which were neg.  they also sent off a strep cuture of which I have yet to hear about.  That was Sunday Monday my fever sorta broke but not really till Tuesday I was sleeping and woke up dreenched.  I actually feel a lot better still have a sore throat but I am trying to manage it.  Here’s hoping day 5 brings total healing!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

ANd i forgot mention I also developed white patches on my tonsils and behind them
  • Posted

Could be the herp. You'll know if some sores break out in your mouth, though that doesn't necessarily need to happen. Flu like symptoms minus the flu are usually caused by a viral infection, not bacteria. Best of luck. Hope it is the flu.

• Posted

It could be a viral infection which sadly even if you took antibiotices it would not work. It should begin to clear after about a week. You could ask your Doctor what you could take for it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.