Bacterial Vaganosis Help! Can't stand it!

Posted , 19 users are following.

I recently just maybe a week ago started getting all the symptoms for BV I get my results in a couple days but I know I have it! The smell is just HORRIBLE! It's running my relationship and I need help! I am 18 years old and I don't really know how I got it! Maybe from leaving the tampon in for too long or types of condoms that I used! I heard you can get it from having a new sex partner to. I hurt can't take this smell I'm usuing a gel insert right now and some pills! I think cloramfenicolo? What sucks most of all is that I'm originally front eh USA and most medicines I need are back at home! Is there anything in Spain, France or Italy! Any European country that can help me! I am going to start the apple cider, and hydoxide stuff! But is there any instructions to it! I'm so young I don't know what I did to deserve this! I'm also on birth control so I just don't know what to do the doctors arnt much help either! Please someone help!

1 like, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

problems but yeast infections. When I was 26 I got off of the normal forms of birth control and I had a ten year copper IUD put in. Shortly after I started suffering with bv. I was at the doctor almost every week and I would always ask if my IUD could cause it since I knew when it started. Of course they would always tell me no. After 4 years of trying all the antibiotics and home remedies I decided to have my IUD removed because by this time I was positive that it was causing me to get bv because I would get it even if I didn't have sex. After having it removed I used a peroxide and water douche (more water than peroxide or it will burn) for about a week because peroxide is naturally found in the vagina so it does no harm and it also kills off bacteria. I also stopped using tampons for a while. It's been a year and a half and I haven't had a reoccurrence. My and my partner can even have unprotected sex and it doesn't come back. My IUD was causing it and the reason is because my body saw the IUD as a foreign object so as my body tried to fight off what it thought to be a foreign object it upset the natural floral in my vagina allowing a perfect environment for bad bacteria to grow. Think back to the first time it started and if you have any kind of internal birth control you may want to consider having it removed to see if anything changes. A week after removing mine and douching with the peroxide and water it was all gone thank God. Fyi...the doctors will continue to give you the antibiotics just to make money although the medicine will never cure you and the constant use of antibiotics can do more harm than help in the long run. 
  • Posted

Hi, I to suffered from bv from the age of 26-30. I had been on different types of birth control (pills, shot, and patch) since I was 18 and never really had any problems but yeast infections. When I was 26 I got off of the normal forms of birth control and I had a ten year copper IUD put in. Shortly after I started suffering with bv. I was at the doctor almost every week and I would always ask if my IUD could cause it since I knew when it started. Of course they would always tell me no. After 4 years of trying all the antibiotics and home remedies I decided to have my IUD removed because by this time I was positive that it was causing me to get bv because I would get it even if I didn't have sex. After having it removed I used a peroxide and water douche (more water than peroxide or it will burn) for about a week because peroxide is naturally found in the vagina so it does no harm and it also kills of bacteria. I also stopped using tampons for a while. It's been a year and a half and I haven't had a reoccurrence. My and my partner can even have unprotected sex and it doesn't come back. My IUD was causing it and the reason is because my body saw the IUD as a foreign object so as my body tried to fight off what it thought to be a foreign object it upset the natural floral in my vagina allowing a perfect environment for bad bacteria to grow. Think back to the first time it started and if you have any kind of internal birth control you may want to consider having it removed to see if anything changes. A week after removing mine and douching with the peroxide and water it was all gone thank God. Fyi...the doctors will continue to give you the antibiotics just to make money although the medicine will never cure you and the constant use of antibiotics can do more harm than help in the long run. 
  • Posted

Hi is this serious to the point you could be hospitalized..... I've been in some.serious pain they done alot of test but a swab from down there I am very achy and not just prego achy this is my fourth so much I'm pretty aware of symptoms of kidney stones infections etc thisnis a different feeling and they haven't been able to find anything but I have all these symptoms
  • Posted

Me and gf started metronidazole last wednesday and tomorrow is our last day. We took 2 a day but tomorrow is only one pull left. It's to treat trichomoniasis which is a result of a prior relationship. Can anyone tell me when we can be intimate again? TIA

• Posted

you could be inimate right after you both complete the antibiotic ... obviously you posted this a while ago im sure by now youve definitely had sex ... I promise you from personal experience if you or your girlfriend did not fully complete the antibiotics the trich will come back for sure
  • Posted

I just wanna know can you use monistat while on antibiotics for BV😕

• Posted

I am 18 and I'm scared i don't know what's wrong with my body constantly rejecting the pills nothing seems to be working and this is also hurting my dating life I try to keep my vagina clean as possible but it just seems to not be enough and now it's causing my self esteem to be really just gone I don't go out on dates or see anyone I hate going outside cause I think everyone is going to smell it or if I have sex they will no I guess I just want to know did you ever get cured

• Posted

Hi Morgan,

I say skip the home remedies and go to the doctor and explain your symptoms. They will do a vaginal swab, look at it under a microscope and be able to tell you if it is indeed BV and prescribe antibiotics all before you leave the appointment. You take take them for 7 days and just like that, it's gone! Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.