Bacterial Vaganosis Help! Can't stand it!

Posted , 19 users are following.

I recently just maybe a week ago started getting all the symptoms for BV I get my results in a couple days but I know I have it! The smell is just HORRIBLE! It's running my relationship and I need help! I am 18 years old and I don't really know how I got it! Maybe from leaving the tampon in for too long or types of condoms that I used! I heard you can get it from having a new sex partner to. I hurt can't take this smell I'm usuing a gel insert right now and some pills! I think cloramfenicolo? What sucks most of all is that I'm originally front eh USA and most medicines I need are back at home! Is there anything in Spain, France or Italy! Any European country that can help me! I am going to start the apple cider, and hydoxide stuff! But is there any instructions to it! I'm so young I don't know what I did to deserve this! I'm also on birth control so I just don't know what to do the doctors arnt much help either! Please someone help!

1 like, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

men i mean ss
    • Posted

so is it only women who get bv? sorry i dont understand,i think he is lying to me,why would clinic give him this meds ?
    • Posted

Hi hun

do you have some symptoms of something ?

the clnic would not give meds to men for no reason

jay xx

• Posted

This can affect men and women

Trichomoniasis is infection of the vagina or male genital tract with Trichomonas vaginalis.

It can be asymptomatic or cause urethritis, vaginitis, or occasionally cystitis, epididymitis, or prostatitis.

Diagnosis is by direct microscopic examination, dipstick tests, or nucleic acid amplification tests of vaginal secretions or by urine or urethral culture. Patients and sex partners are treated with metronidazole or tinidazole. 

• Posted

ty very much ,im going to the doctors now xx
    • Posted

bye for now ty for your support x
    • Posted

Hi Caz

good luck hun

best to be tested and be sure ..

jay xx

• Posted

I totally under stand you... I was getting a fishy smell especially after sex. I dont know why and when I got it. Im with my husband for 5 yrs now. I only had the fishy smell no other symptoms. Last month I took Flagyl and the smell was gone but 2 days after I ended up with a yeast infection. I used canesten and cured it. Now ive been having a really light smell but im paniking i dont want it back its so annoying. I am doing the apple cider vinegar thing and see how it goes. I think the bv was even keeping me from getting pregnant. I hope it doesnt come back. Try washing with apple cider mixed with water for some days and see how it goes. 
    • Posted

Hi 

sounds like you have BV ( bacterial vaginosis) thrush treatments do not cure it, it needs vaginal antibiotic.. 

ie: clindamycin or similar vaginal ovules or cream for three nights..

then another thrush treatments after.

jay xx

• Posted

useful info..

Bacterial vaginosis is also known as gardnerella and causes a grey, watery discharge with a strong 'fishy' smell.

It is caused by an increase in the bacteria which normally live in the vagina. A swab usually needs to be taken from the vagina to confirm the diagnosis. 

Trichomoniasis (TV) is caused by a tiny parasite and is sexually transmitted. The symptoms start between four days and three weeks after contact with an infected person. It causes a thin, yellow or green discharge which may be frothy and have an unpleasant 'fishy' smell. Again, a vaginal swab is usually required to confirm the diagnosis. Sometimes there are no symptoms. 

there is also Cytolytic vaginosis, that mimics thrush .. but thrush treatments do not cure it... also these may return with in three months after treatment and need re - treating ..

jay xx

• Posted

Useful info.. continued....

Treatment for bacterial vaginosis / Cytolytic vaginosis  is with antiprotozoal-antibacterial tablets containing either tinidazole (Fasigyn®) or metronidazole (eg, Flagyl®).

Metronidazole is also available as a vaginal gel called Zidoval®.

A cream containing clindamycin (Dalacin® Cream) may also be given. Alternatively, pH correction gels/pessaries (eg, Balance Activ®, Multi-Gyn ActiGel®, Relactagel®) can be used.

Trichomoniasis can also be treated with antiprotozoal-antibacterial tablets containing either tinidazole (Fasigyn®) or metronidazole (eg, Flagyl®). 

Chlamydia is treated with antibiotics. The antibiotics usually prescribed include azithromycin, and doxycycline.

Your local hospital - ask for the Genito-Urinary Medicine (GUM) or Sexual Health Clinic.

jay xx

• Posted

Yes I know its not thrush.. i took flagyl (metronizole) its for bv. Then after i finished them I ended up with thrush and i used clotrimazole and cured it. 

Im now doing the apple cider vinegar wash and i dont smell it a lot. I think finally my vag is getting back to normal....finally smile 

• Posted

Also ive been taking actimel every day and eating activia everyday the ones that have lactobacillus. And i am wearing cotton underwear and at night try to sleep without undies. Im doing my best to not have it back cause it was ruining my life. Now finally today i saw some normal ovulation discharge smile cause bv wasnt letting the egg white fertile cm coming it was always creamy. I hope that im finilly out of it for good. 
    • Posted

Hi Palajsa

i do hope so..

what i was trying to say was after BV . ( i had cytolytic vaginosis i did not know as I had no sypmtoms, it mimics thrush) 

BV  can return after treatment with in a few weeks, if not thoroughly cured in first treatment.. so keep an eye in it..

i had a smear etc at gyno a good well woman check as thought i had thrush, treated it as thrush it never went, and after my smear my results came back i had Cytolytic vaginosis.. and thrush 😮

my gyno gave me 3 nights of clindamycin ovules and then three nights for the thrush Laurimic ovules .

after the antibiotic treatment then that can cause thrush too 😫

a good probiotic tablet daily helps too..

i had my CV for about 10 months, i felt not right with in myself but didnt know why, abit dry and sore, also i felt hot in my body as it had taken hold of me, also upset tum in the morning 😕

but all good now.

take care hun.

hope the cider apple cures it for you .

jay jay xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.