Bacterial Vaginitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am still going through my problem with BV and I got prescribed Clindamycin for the discharge because I have a fishy odor smell that I can't stand with a little bit of leakage from my vagina. My pap came back normal from not having any stds. I hope using the medicine twice a day will help. Have anyone use this medicine and if so did it help?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Same here. Bv and negative for stds. Fishy smell and copious dscharge. Was treated with metronidazole and doxycycline on january. Was gone now its like threatening to come back. Havent tried clindamycin
  • Posted

Hello,

I have tried that medication, it seems that doctors prescribe antibiotics to women like us with BV. And all antibiotics do, is kill both good and bad bacteria. Almost always the BV comes back, but that doesn’t mean it won’t work for you. Every body is different and reacts to medications different than others might react. I wish you the best of luck, I know all about the odor issue, that is what I have been battling for two years. 

• Posted

I have used it. I asked for the ovuals tho instead of the gel.  And try to keep the vagina acidic with the boric acid, acetic acid and lactic acid. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.