Bacterial vaginosis

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had bacterial vaginosis for many years, I have had so many prescribed medicines and tried out various home remedies too. My concern is that it can progress into PID (pelvic inflammatory disease) that can go on to cause a hostile environment and even infertility.... I just wondered if anyone knew more about this? Thank you in advance.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi holly. Have you got PID symptoms?
    • Posted

Hi Jemma. I have pain in lower right abdomen, pain in lower right back, bv odour and other symptoms. I also have a dull like pain in my pubic arch.
    • Posted

Hi holly, I've had PID before but that was because of chlamydia.

And I suffer chronically with BV now. Does the discharge sting and is it sore?

To me, it sounds like PID. And yes it can progress even though it's unlikely. Also, have you been tested for mycroplasma genitallium? This is a common sti world wide but not fully researched into. It causes BV symptoms and PID in women. U can request a test from your sexual health clinic. Xx hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Hi Jemma, thank you so much for taking the time to reply. The discharge doesn't sting and isn't sore. Do you know if PID is treatable. You've put my mind at ease that it's unlikely to cause infertility. I have an appointment coming up with my doctor so I will request microplasma test, is that also treatable? I have been with my partner for almost 3 years so would he have to be tested too? Thanks again for your kind reply xx

• Posted

PID is treatable with metronidazole , easily treated.

Mycroplasma is treated with azithromicin- more complicated as the mycroplasma is resistant to a lot of drugs. But it doesn't sound like you have mycroplasma.G. As you would have more symptoms.

You might just have a UTI?

Thanks xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.