Bacterial vaginosis and vaginal PAIN??

Posted , 4 users are following.

Last August I went on vacation. And before I did i took a bath. Body wash made me ache ...been dealing with this for almost a year and all they can find after EVERY test. Ctscan bloodwork. Ultrasound vaginal swab and laparoscopy with tube and ovary removal. Is. Bacterial vaginosis. My vaginal pain is so intense. It feels like someone has pushed simethibg heavy inside me. I have burning pain as well as discharge sharp pain in vagina and vulva clitoral area and also pelvic crampiness. Everywhere I read. These are not symptoms of bv. But thats all I test positive for. I have been on several row dos if oral flagyl. Which yes does help but never completely and never cures. At my post up for my laparoscopic surgery the otherbday my gyno told me to use the metro gel. This summer I am going on vacation again. Going to see a guy Im in love with and will never see again. sad we will be intimate the last time. Those 10 days. Im sonaad and scared I won't be able to. That this is not bv. Based on the fact the symptoms dont match. I cry everyday. But my doc insists that is what it is. Im hoping someone else will come along and read this and help me. And maybe have similar symptoms. Im hoping someone can shed some light in what to do. My heart breaking over the fact I might not get to be with him is hurting 10x more than the vaginal pain. Please someone help

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi, BV is an STI, so if you were treated and slept with your partner again, you wouldbe reinfected. Even after several treatments, the metronidazole will no longer work. If you were treated more than once, your doctor should have increased your dosage or given you a stronger medication/antibotic and you would have taken it for several weeks instead of one week. I am SeanjariPreeti and I hope this is of some benefit. Also, please have your partner get some antibiotics to release the flora from his scrotum., 
  • Posted

Omg i know what you mean i had to make a trip to the er tonite because i was feeling itchy and irritated down there so they did a pelvic exam and i tested positive for bv how eva that's not the first time I've had it so hoping the next couple days i get to feeling back like my self because its no joke on how horrible it makes you feel the last thing any woman wanna think is that she has an std no mam thank god i dont live my life that way but the itch wit bv and the pain uhh the discomfort that it brings so i pray i get better and hope u do too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.