Bacterial Vaginosis help????!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Okay guys...I have had bacterial vaginosis twice now within a span of a month. My symptoms for the first one was mild cramping and brown discharge for three days Pap smear from my PCP came back with BV. I was prescribed metronidazole 500 my 1 every 12 hrs for 7 days. Completed that back in April. During that period of treatment my husband and I had unprotective sex. Skip to now I had a OBGYN apt finally and was kind of burning down there. He took a swap and after that swab I started having brown spotting again which turned to a light pink blood with the mild cramping. It went away after four days and then I got a call yesterday that I have BV once again. I was prescribed clindamycin 300mg three times a day for five days. After I took two doses I went to the bathroom and there was light red and brown discharge and when I wiped...light red blood. I currently have mild cramping and every time I go there seems to me either brown discharge mixed with geletan kind of stuff (possibly clots???). Right now I just tried inserting honey into my vagina to see it it helps. I've only slept with one person who's my husband and vice versa for him. Both of us we're virgins. Everywhere I look BV symptoms are burning itching smelling and discharge. I only experienced the burning.

My symptoms include

Brown discharge that has turned to light red bleeding two times now.

Mild cramping (like a little less worse then when you're about to start)

And mild burning.

Possible small clots or old blood or tissue in to let when I go #1

I'm scared because I have no idea if this is actually BV or not or maybe PID. I called my OB and the nurse said to keep and eye on it and continue the medicine which I'll will. I just hope someone has had the same experience as me and that whatever is happening is normal.

Lastly, my last three periods have been 5 days late, 4 days late, and the most recent one was 11 days late before it came and I am usually on time.

Thank you all and I hope someone responds!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I should also note that my periods last 7 days.
  • Posted

And I should say I have noticed smelling but...it never smelled like a fish? Just..weird. Best way I can describe it.
  • Posted

Hi Natalie,

I also have BV, I have been on bith meds you mentioned above. I never has brown discharge or blood. But did have white thick discharge and clear discharge. I have not had burning but have had foul odor going on for about 2 years now. Ive been on everything antibiotics wise pill form and gel. Also have tried antibiotics vaginal cream and boric acid suppositories. Nothing has helped me. The best thing to do is get on a good high count live probiotic pill and take it at least once a day. Also, try avoiding carbs, anything high in sugar and alcohol seems to trigger my BV. I have not had sex in months. Have seen my Gyno so many times they are sick of seeing me. I hope you figure it all out. My period is irregular normally and heavy for about 7 days.

When you mention the bloody pink and red coming out when you pee, that doesnt seem to sound like BV.  Possibly PID or something else. 

I hooe your docotr can really figure out what is going on for you. Sounds like you could possibly be spotting? Not sure, as I am no Doctor. 

Best of luck to you. 

• Posted

Hi Laura! Thank you so much for replying!! I read through some of the forums and it seems like two others were diagnosed with BV and had similar symptoms to me. I definitely think it is spotting because after I inserted some honey down there I haven't had discharge, not when I wiped, on my liner or in the toliet. It's never constant and though it seems like a bit it usually isn't. The last time I had sex was about two days ago which may have triggered the light red blood because I had not known at had BV again and it was unprotective. I'll see what happens after this dose. My OB said to come in if the. Bleeding continues. I should also so I am in my fertile window and should or ha e already ovulated so perhaps that light red was from that? Grrr. Just frustrating.

The only probiotic I have on hand is Activia. Though I will probably hit up the store and grab some probiotics for vaginal health. I hope it's not PID but we shall see. I may take some turmeric once I get home with some milk because I read that is a natural remedy for PID.

• Posted

Ugh curses. I have been regular, give or take a day but I suppose what's ever going on down there my body ain't liking it! Haha. I wonder if it's because my husband and I sometimes have unprotective sex(I'm not on an BC. I just track my cycle and use condoms) Anyways, I wonder when he ejaculates inside me if his seman is messing with my once healthy PH levels. Ugh. Just frustrating. And with PID a clear symptom is a fever. I have none. I feel fine and haven't had any STis since both my husband and I were virgins and each other's first.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.