Bacterial Vaginosis left untreated 2 weeks?

Posted , 3 users are following.

i suspect I have BV. im not in my country to see my doctor is it safe to leave it untreated for max 2 weeks or are there serious complications?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I seriously doubt you would get PID after 2 weeks.. one time I called my gyno and told them I thought I had BV and they didnt even consider it a priority appointment. I didnt get seen until a week and a half later.. Also statistically speaking, 30% of women everywhere, at any given time have BV to some degree and dont do anything about it because they dont even know. They are all fine.. Unless you are in pain, swelling or very itchy, 2 weeks is definitely okay.. Depending on what country you are in you could check at a pharmacy and see if they have any ph balancing stuff over the counter.. Best of luck!

• Posted

4 yeas i suffered with bv for and 4 lots of different antibiotics plus over the counter meds i only got rid of it 6 months ago

• Posted

Wow i'm so sorry you had to go through that! just to clear that up, I didnt mean that she shouldnt get checked as soon as she can, she definitely should when she gets home. I just meant that since she cant get in to the doctor until 2 weeks from now, if shes not in any pain than she will be okay in the mean time... 4 years is a long time, I am happy your finally got it resolved!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.