Bacterial Vaginosis/rash around anus

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I had BV and I took metronidazole but missed a few pills so I have an appointment with my dr in a few days to work things out, also to get a pap. In the mean time, about a week ago I tried anal with my fiancé and it hurt so bad, I made him stop. I had discussed with him that we shouldn't until I was done with my medication but we did it anyway. The next day, my anus was really sore and over the course of a few days, I noticed smelly discharge from my anus, almost the same fishy smell from BV in my vagjna but in my anus. SO, a few more days goes by and I begin to develop issues having bowl movements and by the end of the week, I finally decided to check out the area because it's been hurting so bad and my anus looks enflamed, there are red rash bumps near it, and what looks like a pink flesh Hemmoroid. I've never had Hemmoroids! I have been using a&d but not quite sure what else to do. I'm scared! This is pAinful! Would you wait for your upcoming appointment or go to ER? Suggestions on how to soothe rash area and Hemmoroid?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

A&D is great for relief - it's good you are using that.  But I would get a referral to a proctologist.  ...and probably not try anal again.
  • Posted

If you're still having issues having bowel movements I'd go to urgent care.
  • Posted

Well I went to the dr and she "thinks" it's herpes, which I find impossible. I've been w the same person for the last three years and I've been pregnant three times in the past year and each time, I was tested for herpes. I'm still freaking out, though. I guess we'll know on Tuesday. I felt rushed out of the office, though. Dr was so sure it was herpes and when I told her it was highly unlikely she said, it could have been dormant in your system for a long time. I said, my fiancé has recently been tested through the VA, and before that, I was with my daughters dad, who also did not have it. So, where would I have gotten it from if they're both negative? I've tried to look it at it and it does look worse, there are sores around the anus, open sores, closed sores, etc., and they're painful so I see where she's coming from. But without knowing my history, why so quick to judge and put me on antivirals????
    • Posted

Well I can only say what I know and that is that I'm 52 years old and had my first vaginal outbreak of herpes that I know of after I had finished having my two babies at 40. Doctor told me the same thing. I had several partners before settling down at 35 so I can't say it's impossible. Glad you got some medicine for it and I hope you find relief soon. It sounds extremely painful.
  • Posted

Just a small info regarding your BV treatment.  I had the same incident - not knowing that I was given a smaller dose of Metronidazole (pharmacist didn't inform me and I didn't notice it either) - instead of giving me the 500 mg, they gave me 250 mg.  (So I should've taken 4 pills in a day to get the 1000 mg/day dose).  But doing the treatment yourself alone and having continuous contact with your partner will take you to a vicious cycle.  It's true that men don't suffer from it but he can get the bacteria from you hence, he should be treated as well.  I've read a lot about this and finally concluded that it really will be a viscious cycle when the other is not treated at the same time.  You both should be free of the bacteria.  He can have a test (swab) and it will show.  Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.