Bacterial Vaginosis Symptoms are bad

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've had bacterial Vaginosis for over a week now. First, I was prescribed Metrogel Pills. 2x a day for 7 days. My symptoms are insane to say the least. Extreme burning and itching. Went back to see my primary doctor and was put on Metrogel Gel with Suringe, once a day (before bed), been on that for 4 days now; symptoms are still just as bad. I messaged my doctor today to see if I could do anything for the symptoms. They prescribed me Diflucan, once today and once again in 72 hours. Is there anything more I should be doing? My symptoms are so bad I could scream and nothing seems to be working. I have to be on my feet for 8 hours a day at work and work for the next 5 days. I guess what I'm looking for is some relief. It's to the point where I just break down and cry, and that's bad because I'm usually someone who can handle a lot of pain. Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

if you read threw some of the posts ull see bv is not something that is easy to treat at all i was on antibiotics on and off for 4, years i got pelvic inflammatory disease from it i only managed to get rid of it 5 months ago with clindamycin vaginal cream i tried changing soaps amd bath products to just water tampoms to pads thongs to cotton pants nothing worked i hope u find a solution some things that didnt work for me worked for others nd vice versa

• Posted

I would take some probiotics containing lactobacillus so it promotes good bacteria growth. You have a high chance of getting a yeast infection once you've finished with your medication.

• Posted

Also! re-occurrence is completely normal and can be really stressful until you manage it with a medication that works for you and if you know what your triggers are so you can prevent the next infection.

• Posted

Dear Elisabeth,

Rest as much as possible. Use Hydorgen Peroxide Solution (bought online or locally in pharmacies (may have to ask for it). Use this inside the vagina. It is a strong antiseptic that is all. Then as well buy a tub of Greek Natural Yoghurt and do the same.

Rest as much as possible. Tell yourself you are going to get better.

B

• Posted

boric acid helped me a lot but I'm still getting watery pants when I wake up smell is 90% gone .

i tried everything absolutely everything apart from a diet from sugar .

try boric acid as a last resort .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.