Bad Achy Chest Pain After Novacaine Injection

Posted , 1 user is following.

I went to the dentists Wednesday for a crown placement and when they injected me with the novacaine shortly after I felt weird in my chest, pains (which I’ve had on and off after a pericarditis and Sjogrens diagnosis now a year and a half ago) and the pains came with a weird heart beat. I passed it off as my extreme anxiety and normal pains that I have had but it’s been two days now and my chest still feels heavy and achey. I’m in the middle of two insurances too so I don’t want to go to the hospital since my new insurance won’t cover the old hospital and the old insurance won’t cover the new. 

Any way this could be due to the novacain injection?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi tiffany75011...sorry to hear, but did you tell the dentist about your achy chest after novacaine ?  If you can call your primary care doctor you should and explain what happened...a dentist and hygenist should always be told of all health conditions you have before he does any work on you so please inform him...I know myself after visiting the dentist or hygienist I seem to come down with a not so good feeling and I think i'm going to change dentists because that shouldn't happen...I've read many people get sick after seeing a dentist; guess so many germs going into the body from our mouths and possibly their instruments...from now on though I will be spitting out frequently instead of letting the saliva be sucked up; it does not get everything and much gets into our body...causes illnesses...take care of this and call your medical doctor; good luck; feel better...

• Posted

PS: tiffany75011; regarding the novacaine injection I had a novacine for a tooth that was being repaired and  I felt much discomfort ever since then right up to now where the tooth was bonded/repaired (in the gum area and inside) ...I don't like it; it was the novacaine for me I believe that did some damage maybe to a nerve...

• Posted

I wish I would have told him right away just thought it might be anxiety. Then I could have gone to the doctor in time for the old insurance. Sigh I just hope the pain goes away quickly.  So sorry to hear about your experience with your dentist! 
  • Posted

Still having the bad chest pains. Now fevers and sweats at night. Thinking about going to the doctor this week. First going back to the dentist on Monday for the second time since this visit to get a new cap made. Both have cracked! 
  • Posted

Hi tiffany75011.  I hope you do inform your dentist of all medications you take and all your medical conditions as well as the chest pains; please do as it is important... you may be having a reaction to the novacaine and you need to call your primary doctor and tell him or her perhaps before the dentist...My face gets numb as well as the inside of my throat when my eyes are dilated and I won't let them dilate my eyes anymore, but I do tell all doctors of my sensitivities/allergies because I don't want to have a serious reaction to any drug.  I don't know much about your diagnosis so just take care of the present chest pains and good luck with it all...get well soon...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.