bad aniexty and panic attacks

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi im new to this. I have suffered from panic attacks and depression for about 10 years now. I have been on effexor for 10 years but now have come of it. Been on fluoxetine for bout 5 weeks 40mg and 25 of pergablin in the morning and 75mg at nite but my aniexity is not improving. Please say there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi I am new to this site and would love to join in conversations .I have been suffering with anxiety and panic

Attacks just been put on pregabalin and am petrified of the side effects,any help appreciated.like you is there light at the end of the tunnel.

• Posted

Meditation and breathing exercises have help me more than any meds ever have, and I've been on a lot. Taking up a musical instrument and/or yoga also helps.
  • Posted

I am also suffering from panic attack almost 5 year, It's very horrible experiences for me. I think you try to breathing exercises and yoga. Yoga can help reduce stress.
  • Posted

hi ch cim 37 and have hade anxiety since I was eighteen, I can go years with almost no symtoms but then when it hits me it hits hard ive been having bad anxiety and panick attacks for about 3 weeks none stop I also think im going threw perimenopause which could make it worse beside I have had almost every side effect that there is with menopause I have totally fallen apart don't know where to turn anymore been to ers
  • Posted

I have never been diagnosed with a ligitimate Anxiety Disorder or Panic Attacks but somewhere along the line I was put on Klonopin and I eventually became very addicted. No my Dr. did not tell me this. The Tolerance Withdrawals caused so much anxiety and panic that I was not able to function for months at a time. My anxiety was actually increased 50% and I had no idea why at the time. But the final Klonopin Withdrawal increased my anxiety and panic 100%. I actually thought I was going insane. It felt like I was high on too much LSD without taking anything. And the final withdrawal was so truamatizing, terrorizing, and horrendous I almost killed myself to escape where the Klonopin had taken me. So I guess my message to you is be VERY careful when deciding to take these types of drugs because if you ever have to get off them, remove all the guns from you house.
  • Posted

Have been to GP today very understanding took me off of pregabalin thank goodness much better day without still got neck and headache but not so depressed no crying today they certainly made worse. Hope we all

had a reasonable day.

• Posted

Hi all. I'm new to this site too. I'm trying anything I can at the moment to get over this horrible feeling of anxiety. I've been having panic attacks for nearly 5 years on and off. My last one was on New Year's Eve. I don't feel safe anywhere in case something happens to me. I hate it when it gets dark because that's when I have my panic attacks. I've had to phone people in the early hours of the morning so they can talk me down from the panic attack. It's taking over my life at the moment. Anyone else feeling like this?
  • Posted

Hi there, fist of all i would like to pause , take a breath and wish a happy new year to everyone. What you describe above are several symptoms of anxiety disorders, to my experience these are signals warning us that we are simply not happy with our lives.

We can hide it from everyone else except from our selves. I agree with timetoletgo and amiyafoster that breathing techniques, meditation, stress management or yoga can be really helpfull but you should also try to find out what realy bothers you and what changes you need to make.

I know this is not easy but in this way once you find your path these symptoms will ease away.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.