bad anxiety after eating at 2am ! help !!

Posted , 3 users are following.

So at about 2am last night I could not sleep I was a bit hungry , so I ate cereal (honey bunches of oats with lactaid fat free milk) and about a half hour later I felt my head tightening up and started to hurt my neck got tensed and I.started to tremble perfusly it was horrible , has anyone ever had this happen to them

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

silent reflux most likely, happens to me
    • Posted

It can cause alot of damage before you know it. Then the symptoms start showing up. Strange ones , like yours that you wouldn't associate with reflux. It can collapse your esophagus like mine. See a gastonologist

• Posted

I've had a bad panic disorder for the past 5 yrs...and sometimes after I eat carbs, it triggers it. Super odd. So I stay away from a lot of carbs (which is good for my body anyways haha).
    • Posted

Yes that is correct and true , but even when I eat bad , sometimes I don't have a panic attack , so I started thinking its all.in my mind lol in don't know anymore
    • Posted

Well technically I think it definitely is all in our minds haha. The other thing that has been helping me lately and sounds kind of weird. But I will sit there and think to myself "I am not in control." Just because every time I do go through a panic attack my mind goes directly into trying to control the situation and that makes it worse. So I try to go with the flow when it happens (which of course can be extremely difficult).
    • Posted

Tamara I'm.just learning that , but it work , im just learning to just accept the anxiety and whatever comes with it and to stop fighting it because it will win every time . so I told myself I'm done fighting it !!! But let me tell you its very very very hard !!! 😩😩😩
    • Posted

I think what makes it worse for me is that flight feeling. Where when it starts I feel like I need to get out and find help asap. Just a complete panic haha.
    • Posted

Same here when I feel the feeling coming over me I feel.I need to get up and get out and get near someone who can possibly save me or get me to a hospital or something like that's , if that makes any sense !
    • Posted

Totally. When I get the really bad ones at work, I have to call my husband. Just to have him talk me through it. He's like my safe person. Haha when I go to places that trigger me, it's nowhere as bad if he's with me.
    • Posted

Its great that you have him there to support you !! You need a good support system to get through this !!! You will be okay , and all this madness will pass !!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.