Bad anxiety, feel like i'm going insane. Help!!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I suffer from severe chronic anxiety. And my latest round is rather strange. Last night while I was falling a sleep a small clip from a mario theme kept playing over and over in my head and I could not think of where it was from. So naturally my stubborn mind played it over and over while I tried figuring out where I had heard it. Right away I had a severe panic attack, shaking and just feeling strange and scared. I felt like I was going insane. I went into my moms room and talked to her. She deals with anxiety as well and told me it's all fine and in my head, not meaning i'm going insane but it's just my anxiety. A friend in med school told me the same thing. And that someone who is going insane, wouldn't really think they are going insane, they believe it's all normal. Eventually I fell asleep and then woke up this morning and right away thought of that little bit of music and had another panic attack. When I don't focus on it i'm fine, but the minute I get away from doing something it comes back and I worry that i'm going insane, even though I know i'm not deep down. I'll be going to my counselor in two weeks since she is on vacation right now which I look forward to. I am only 20 and am freaking out way too much, I just want to be able to live like a normal 20 year old. My friends have been very supprotive so far, also telling me it's alright and my anxiety is just feeding off the fact that I didn't know where this bit of sound was, and is now feeding off the thoughts of insanity. I just hope you all can help and maybe this sounds fimiliar to some of you. I know i'm fine, but don't feel fine. It's a strange thing... 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Stop worrying

Play a CD at night before bed, you will remember that instead.. I get the same thing, with me it was a long way back, it was the Smurfs.

Just relax nothing to worry about tell at your next meeting

B.

• Posted

Thank you so much for the response. It makes me feel a lot better to know that i'm not alone. I'm hoping you're doing well in terms of anxiety! I'll just stay stong and fight back and not let it destroy me.

• Posted

Hi, sorry to bother, but I've gotten rid of the music in my head. But now i'm experiencing tons of symptoms and issues. I have a list of them. I don't know how to even deal with such a poop cocktail. 

Shaking(anxiety related)

Light headedness

Intrusive thoughts about losing my mind and schizophrenia

Derealization

Chest tightness

Difficulty breathing

Anxiety about going to bed later

I am trying my hardest to fight all these symptoms, but it's such an insane amount of symptoms that I have no clue how in the world to deal with them all. 

• Posted

Hey airforce. So i just wanted to throw this one thing out there since it looks like you've gotten some helpful answers. You are most definately not insane, but that doesn't mean you can't feel like you are. Knowing that you're going to die and feeling like you're crazy or going insane are actually the 2 biggest staple symptoms of a panic attack. Well a sever one i should say. It was an amazing thing for me to learn that before i knew what was wrong with me. Doesn't make it easier, but afterwards you can at least rest assured it's just a temporary symptom. It made sense to me, since anxiety at it's base, is irrational fear. Real, true fear that's attatched to nothing or nothing concrete, usually only a trigger. I have a very long history of panic disorder so i wanted to share a few things that at least eased my mind. Just understanding it a lil bit did wonders for my mind frame.

• Posted

hey again this is for your most recent post. Ughhh I feel ya and wish i could help. If you can identify and avoid some of the triggers for those feelings, if there are triggers, then do so until you talk to a pych or a therapist. At this point you need a doc to help you, i hope you have one or therapist you see soon. I have, apparently, and changes frequently in diagnosis. Social phobia agoraphobia and panic disorder, along with other random crap they throw in sometimes. Klonopin is the only things thats worked in terms for anxiety, and it works wonders for me at least. Some stuff you can ask the doc about. All this stuff can be debilitating

• Posted

Thanks for the response! It means a lot to me. I'll be heading to see my therapist in a week due to thanksgiving vacation this week. I feel like i'm doing a bit better just by playing online with friends and just telling myself it'll be alright, as well as thinking about the support from you all on this site and from family and friends. It's a tough battle but I refuse to let it take me over despite me getting into low points every once in a while. Thanks again for everything!!!!!

• Posted

Nah its not insanity. It is called earworms. Not real ones. Earworms - or tunes that get stuck in your head - are a result of word memory association, stress, a wandering mind and altered emotional states, not insanity at all. Very annoying and many commercials purposely set up to do this to people as well.very profitable for them. Bob gave some good advice put on a meditation off utube and Play that..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.