BAD ATTACK!

Posted , 8 users are following.

forgot to take my nightly tegretol for a week or so, paying for it now with a BAD ATTACK. please babee jeebus pls make it stop!

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

took tegretol yesterday but woke up this morning to a attack, taking more tegretol hasn't helped.............

also was out of my neurontin for a couple days too..........

• Posted

How long have you had TN.Have you had surgeries. I have had 3 good surgeries - the 1st 15 yrs ago was an MVD & 2 Gamma Knife since then.

?Neurontin does little for me. Tegretol daily at 200mg, but when gets bad

?up Tegretol to 800mg daily & maybe 300mg neurontin at that time too.

?A 72 hr Fentanyl Pain Patch on my arm combined with Tegretol eases up the pain. Forget the strength of the Fentanyl Pain Patch.  A Doc needs to prescribe pain patch. My Pain Patch worked so well with the Tegretol that my absolutely horrendous pain spells from 2 months ago

?has gone into total remission for 20 days now. I had 4 refills on my pain patch & last one was removed 15 days ago.

• Posted

Does the patch make you groggy? My 86 year old mother with TN lives on her own and some of the drugs make her feel unsteady which is not good....but maybe the patch would be good.
    • Posted

I've never used the patch. Only gels or spray. They don't make me groggy. The combo I use helps it to penitrate better.

• Posted

I'm wondering if you or anyone else has tried external pain killers, numbing cream?

• Posted

For sharp stabbing pains behind my ear the ones where all you wanna do is cover and protect it I applied a deep heat it helped only a little I've also tried tiger balm white for burning pains again not much luck

• Posted

Hi I truly feel your pain I stopped my tegretol snd nortriptyline on 15th March and was coping somewhat after withdrawal symptoms then ended up in casualty 15th may as it's all come back full circle either it was all drugs were totally out my system and psin was dormant or it was coincidence that I had few weeks free

• Posted

hi everyone i cant sit for too long to respond. i've had TN since the 4th grade for the person who asked. there's no way that my dr would prescribe a fentanyl patch, no way in heck.

i take 2400 mg of neurontin

200 mg of tegretol twice a day.

I think marijuana should be legal because I would  DEFINITELY buy some to ease off my pain

Not had any surgeries..

i really need pain pills but im afraid my dr would think i am a druggie.

i hurt so bad guys. i cant even lay in bed because the pillows trigger attack after attack nonestop.....

i'm surprised i still have any tears left i've been crying since 6:30am......

• Posted

uggg, i responded but it's awaiting moderation, i don't know why..........................

• Posted

I expect it was the mention of the "unconventional" tobacco!!I truly hope that your pain is at least reduced soon. I woke up to pain this morning

on my right side, first time that has happened, I can't say that I liked it, many pills later and now feeling better.

Best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.