Bad back

Posted , 3 users are following.

Since having kidney stones last Xmas I suffer with a really bad back? Some days is worse than others is this normal it’s only on one side aswell! Has anyone else had this problem or am I going to be prone to back pain? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sharon 

Kidney stones are not good, I’ve suffered with them for 20 years and am shortly having another operation to remove another large stone stuck in my kidney. I sympathise with your suffering. When you were diagnosed last Christmas did they scan you? The pain is normally from when the stone moves from the kidney into your ureter on the way to the bladder and the pain should pass when the stone passes. If you suffer with constant back pain it may be worth going back to your doctor. I hope you get it sorted 

• Posted

Hi Sharon ((((huggs))))

With out X-rays or a CT scan, it would be hard to say if something is going on with your spine causing you pain.

It is possible that if you have an Old injury to your back you may be getting some Arthritis.  Until you know for sure, I have something you can try, you can do this while laying down in bed.  Lay flat on your back. Now raise your left knee up towards your chest. Hold your left knee with both hands.  Now gently pull it towards your chest

and hold that position for a few minutes.  Slowly release and lower your left leg. Now repeat this with your right

leg, hold that stretch for a few minutes.  See if you can do at least 5 on each side and work up higher as you feel

able to.  Hope that helps your back pain, as for the kidney stones, they can cause pain due to the inflammation

and stone position.  I drink cranberry & lemon juice which seems to help the bladder and kidneys.  I also use Herbs.  For kidneys, I take Chanca Piedra  and  for inflammation, I take Tumeric Curcumin with black pepper extract.  Just a word of caution, we know when something is not right with our bodies.  If the Pain becomes too much, and no stones are passing, please get to the emergency room.  Best wishes to You  ~  Faith 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.