Bad Bad OLP

Posted , 1 user is following.

Good Morning Fellow OLP sufferers,

I have been suffering from OLP for last 7 months now and an keeping strong but this thing is driving me crazy. I could not believe how much change in my lifestyle I have to make due to this OLP. I love eating spicy food but now I am done, cannot tolerate any spice.

Anyway, how long do I have to suffer? Anyone with OLP please respond if you have ever got relief completely and how long it took you to get to that point?

Also side of my tongue is very involved in OLP with red/white patches and is very sore. How may with OLP has tongue involvement.

Thank you all and god bless. Stay strong....

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi just wanted to let you know you are not on your own with irrosive lichen planus, as i have also, il give you a few tips that will help you, dont eat ant thing red in color eg tomatoes, peppers etc. It will drive your mouth crazy+irrosive come from the word (explode) was what my dermatolagist told me . And thats exactly what it feels like, ur ok and all of a sudden( Bang)its there crazy all of a sudden. try to get toothpaste that is peppermint free+stay away from crisps, salty foods+mints of course. It will go away, but it will take time, Please let me know if iv helped you in any way+i would like to be able to do somthing helpful 4 someone . Beleive you me i know what a dreadful thing it is +try not to get stressed. Now thats a hard one.

your sincerly

lillymilly

• Posted

Lillymom,

Thanks for your posting. Yes indeed I have drastically changed my eating habits. I am 36 years male and loved hot and spicy food. Now I am forced to go bland in diet. As you said any thing cripsy salty, spicy is gone.

I am based in US and here we get thoothpaste called Natural Dentist which is SLS and pepermint free. I am using this and it helps a lot..

I also had kenalog (steriod) injected directly into my tongue, it helped for few days and LP came back with vengence, more red more white patches..

So I am not a beleiver in steriods, I think it makes it worse.....

I also have it on my penile gland mucus membrane, though that is not bother me atall all it left were small brown pigmentation apparantly common in LP.

Where do u have LP in mouth? I have i on tongue, and cheeks.

• Posted

Hi there just saw your reply

I have it in my mouth , it started about 8 mts ago+yes its very very painful. But here is the good news . oral lichen planus goes away qiicker than any where else on the body+im pleased to say i was with my dentist last week+they told me what i already knew, its almost gone .

So stick with the things you have cut out +it really does pay off+stay away from mouthwash, as it drove mine mad.

So keep your heart up+keep doin what you are doing +please god this

horriable thing so many of us suffer from will go away +leave you a happy chappy again

Stay positive

your sincerly lillymilly

• Posted

Lillymom

Are you based in US?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.