Skip to content

Lichen Planus

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Lichen Planus on the vulva.

I've just been diagnosed with this on the vulva and have been prescribed Dermovate and also Hydromol and Dermol as an emollient. I'm to see the dermatologist again in three months.   Has anyone else got it on the vulva?  I'd be grateful for any tips or advice.

Last reply
  • Inflamed Salivary Glands?

hello, i have hade erosive OLP for 2yrs. i now have been diagnosed with Hashimotos ( Autoimmune hypothyroidism ) and Sjgorgens Syndrome. On top of the mouth sores, i get very dry mouth (Sjogrens) but recently my Salivary glands ( bumps on bottom/sides of mouth)...where hard pallate and gums meet . …

Last reply
  • Oral Lichen planus

I have developed oral lichen planus on side of my tongue and both sides of cheek--have a feeling this was started when bit the side of my cheek and have had sharp tooth which has irritated my tongue--these have now been put right-- but mouth still affected by these lesions and my taste buds are …

Last reply
  • Teeth whitening and oral lichen planus

My daughter had "Zoom Whitening" done to her teeth.  She said I might be able to get it, too, even with my oral lichen planus because they thoroughly project you gums. My teeth are yellowing and I would like to have them a little lighter, but I am afraid that any teeth-whitening …

Last reply
  • Oral Lichen Planus - the start

Hello all, I can pinpoint exactly what started my Oral LP.  I decided to start using Benecol Yorgurt to reduce my cholesterol level.  Within 10 mins my mouth felt hot.  After an hour it felt sore.  I decided not to take any more.  My hubby had the rest with no problems!  …

Last reply
  • emu oil

Have any of you tried EMU oil for the planus irritation inside the female area?  

Last reply
  • Dermovate twice a week to keep vlp under control?

I was discharged from dermatology in May after the vlp completely cleared.  Four weeks later it flared up again and I've been following a regime from the North Bristol Trust, which I found online.  Dermovate once a day for 2 weeks, every other day for 2 weeks, then twice a week.   …

Last reply
  • Lp and hairsprays

I have LP on my hands, ankles, toe nails and face.... on the face it seems to follow the line of my beard and hair. I use steroid salve but that just keeps it a bit calm. I wanted to know if anyone can tell me if using hairspray will exasperate things.... i use it to keep my hair in order but some …

Last reply
  • lichens planus and shingles vaccinations?

Has anyone had experience with oral lichens planus and shingle vaccination? I have managed by eating carefully to get along alright with OLP. While I think being vaccinated against shingles would be a fine idea, I also think that it might not go at all well with oral lichens planus.

Last reply
  • Recently Diagnosed with Lichen Planopilaris (scalp)

Hello all.  I'm a 30 year old male hoping to gain some valuable knowledge and insight from this community, as it's been a major struggle dealing with this disorder. I've been fighting with the following symptons on my scalp for ~2 years now: red, inflammed skin, no flakes or …

Last reply
  • Can Vulva Lichen Planus Spread

I was diagnosed with Vulva Lichen Planus (biopsy) a few months ago.  My Dr put me on Clobesteral every night for 30 days then every other night for 30 days.  Got it pretty much under control.  Now it is in my anus area and I'm back on med every night for 8 wks.  Have any of …

Last reply
  • Medication for vlp high up in the vagina?

I've had a vulval lichen planus  flare-up for the past two weeks and am using Dermovate daily.  I've now noticed that the inflammation seems to be further up the vagina, not just on the vulva, as previously.    I'm treating the area I can see, but don't know if …

Last reply
  • Has anyone tried CBD lotion/oil for thier LP?

Ever since my LP has started I've dealt with muscle stiffness and spasm. I 've read that CBD helps with skin conditions and also muscle spasms so I tried it, and let me just say....I'm impressed with the results. My spasms has stopped and my scares are clearing up. I was just wondering …

Last reply
  • How long do the brown spots stay?

I am a Dutch woman, age 28. I was diagnosed by my dermatologist with LP last august 2013. It started with a small spot on my lower back that itched in February. That spot stayed for a couple of months but after a few moths more spots started to show. After using soms cortisone cream that I got form …

Last reply
  • Oral LP

I have started the supplements some of you have suggested.  I guess it will take a couple of months before I can tell a difference.  I am also doing something my dentist recommended.  I had to have 2 teeth pulled (a wisdom tooth and the one next to it) because the LP  had eaten …

Last reply
  • New to this platform for LP

Hi everyone, I am new to this platform for LP, I have it oral and unfortunately in the girl parts, anyone else dealing with it in both places? It is worse down stairs than in the mouth.. My mouth is starting to worsen and I have been started with Dexamethasone swish by my Derm guy. What foods …

Last reply
  • Oral Lichen Planus

Hi, I have OLP almost 6yrs and in that time I have been to most experts in the medical world and tried many homeopathic and home meds, none have helped me with the exception of Arsnic albumin and Tumeric which helped a little.Now my Rheumatologist has put me on a medication named ADALIMUMAB  …

Last reply
  • heat wave and LP

I have LP on my face, hands and foot.... on the face it is only on the left side... it seems this heat wave we are experiencing in GB seems to be exasperating things.... anyone else having the same problem? if so, what can bring any relief? already using steroid creams and Diprobase...

Last reply
  • Turmeric!

So I decided to stop using steroids Clobetasol for my skin and started using Tumeric mixed with water before shower and rubbing organic coconut oil after the shower. Only been using for three days but I already see a little improvement with the black scars on my feet. Also, I started taking St. …

Last reply
  • Oral Lichen Planus

I got diagnosed with inflammatory lichen planus 2 years ago. Certain foods really get my gums inflamed. I see my periodontist every 3 months for deep cleanings....but this is what I do daily that saved me: 1) every morning and every evening before I go to bed I gargle coconut oil (before brushing) …

Last reply
  • Just diagnosed

Hi, have been given steroid cream for this and Insilligel for the burning. Vaginal area so burning and had urine infection last week also!  Can anyone tell when this burning will stop. I am going mad here and so depressed. Thanks 

Last reply
  • Need advice! Just recently diagnosed.

I work in a job that is physically demanding, and had taken to depending on ibuprofen for pain relief. Little did i know that that was causing me to flair up! I can't really take anything with acetaminophen as it causes me to get extremely dizzy. Does anyone have any suggestions for …

Last reply
  • Oral lichen planus - not getting any relief after 2 years

I am getting so down and frustrated with this condition. I finally went to the doctors about 2 and a half years ago after having noticed sore mouth ulcers never healing for over 6 months. I had a biopsy and they confirmed oral lichen planus. Since then I go to the hospital every couple of months …

Last reply
  • Erosive OLP for 15 years

I have OLP for 15 years and for the last 7 years it has been erosive. I've had many erosions cut out and yesterday had a lip shave on my lower lip to remove a erosion that had begun to change into something else. I'm worried the 2 erosions in my mouth could also be doing the same but they …

Last reply
  • Effect of steroids on OLP

Hi I was prescribed steroid gel for my mouth and initially it really helped. It even looked as though my OLP was in remission. I tried to cut back on using the gel and I noticed my mouth got sore again. I have also noticed my mouth is very red in patches, patches where it wasn't red originally. …

Last reply
  • UVB treatment for Lichen Planus

Hi, Has anyone tried this to treat this condition? Have been offered both UVA or UVB but thought I’d opt for the less intense one first and see if that has any effect. Would really appreciate other people’s views on this treatment and it’s efficacy / side effects.

Last reply
  • Oral Lichenoid Reaction

Hi, I was recently prescribed sertraline for anxiety, health anxiety in fact and it resulted in oral lichen planus on the inside of one cheek. I stopped the medication immediately but it has persisted (for over a month now) and has actually got quite sore. There is an ulcer as well as the white …

Last reply
  • Lichen Planus

Hello, I am new here, it was nice to find this group and notice that I am not alone with this disease. I have LP in my oral and genital, it is regulary controlled in hospital and somethimes they takes biopsies.  They haven’t ever got confirmation for my disease from biopsies, but several …

Last reply
  • LP in my hair!

I forgot to mention in my last post that I changed shampoos and had small itchy sores along my hairline and under my eyebrows.  Is their a special shampoo I can use?

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.