Lichen Planus, changing diet

Posted , 12 users are following.

[b:6c0f3c6e50][/b:6c0f3c6e50][color=green:6c0f3c6e50][/color:6c0f3c6e50]I thought it was cancer and from the start of blood tests, scans, biopsy results it took about 8 weeks before I found out it was lichen planus of the vulvar. During that 8 weeks (because I thought it was cancer) I changed my eating habits (through a very renowned natural doctor, dont know if im allowed to put his name so I won't) Anyway, the change in my symptoms were remarkable, which made me even more convinced it was cancer, which it wasnt. The main thing to cut out is all sugars, there are other things you are advised not to eat, but the main one is sugar. If anyone would like a complete list and recipes that I have put together (you dont get recipes when they tell you what foods to avoid) and its taken trial and error to try and make things tasty, out of the ingredients I was allowed. The itching has gone, and for some reason unbeknown, my dryness has disapeared. Hope this has helped someone. Love and health to you all

5 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I would really appreciate the list and recipes you have put together please. I have an appointment with a Gynaecologist in 2 weeks for diagnosis, but am also attending the dental department at the hospital who believe I have lichen planus of the mouth, but this will be confirmed with a biopsy soon. Its so depressing! Apparently its quite usual to get this complaint in 2 areas. I am quite scared at the thought of biopsies, let alone \"down below\".
  • Posted

Hi, I would appreciate it if you could let me know some of your recipes and what to eat/what not to eat. I was (mis)? diagnosed with lichen sclerosus two years ago, but now believe all this to be lichen planus as I have spots on my arms, legs. chest and back. I've been using prescribed hydrocortisone cream, aloe vera and steroid cream prescribed for previous genital itching - all to no avail. Would be glad of some suggestions. Thanks
  • Posted

My son was diagnosed with Lichen planus last month, I would like to have the list and the recipes you mentioned in your post.  Thank you.
  • Posted

Could I please have a list off foods to avoid and the recipes? Thanks in advance and blessings
  • Posted

Hi there.

May I please also have the complete list and recipes which you have put together?

Would be sincerely appreciated.

Take care and thanks a mil in advance. xx

• Posted

Hi there

i am really interested in the diet and would appreciate a copy of the list of what you have found to work. I have recently tried cutting back on sugar as I have realised that my diet had been too high in this area due to me being dairy intolerant -food manufacturers seem to replace dairy with sugar !

thanks

• Posted

I have recently started a Gluten free diet and would love to know exactly what you did and what type of doctor you went to to help make those changes. It seems that PCP's don't know a lot about how to improve these conditions with diet. Thanks so much!

• Posted

I too have had improvement with diet changes. I would like a list of yours to compare

From all of the the autoimmune research i have done gut health should be a priorty..

I am glad to hear that others have a success with diet changes when speaking to my

regular doctors, they do not think it plays role

I also have found yeast is playing a role in the healing process

Another thing I have found to help the vulvar healing is I make my

Own suppositories with aloe vera and unrefined coconut oil by mixing and putting in

BPA free baby nipple I freeze for an hour and then leave in fridge until needed

And insert when I go bed

• Posted

I am new to forum . Can someone direct me to how you find the answers to all of the questions about diet, including mine? All I can find are questions. Are there responses?

• Edited

Hello,i have been diagnosed with lichen planus on my skin 2 weeks ago .I was told that cause of this disease is yet unknown but is believed to be an autoimune disease .What my doctor told me was to cut all the things which can cause an inflamation ,things such as : red meat ,sugar ,milk ,white rice,bread,pasta .I should eat more spinach , broccoli, kale ,avocado ,drink 2 l of still water a day ,avoid citrics and anything fried .My food has to be steamed ,boiled or baked .I started 2 weeks ago and itching diminished considerably .I also do another therapy among diet and i was reccomended yoga or meditation or any other kind of stress release .My question is if ayone here cured himself/herself of this disease ? Thanks a lot!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.