OLP after asthma diagnosis

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi there,

it's 1AM and I am panicking. 10 weeks ago now I noticed something white in my mouth. straight away I thought it was mouth thrush. I went to the pharmacy and spoke to pharmacist who also though that this is what I had since I was recently diagnosed with asthma and have been using my asthma inhalers for about a month. weeks went by, several treatments for mouth thrush and my cheeks were still covered in lacy white areas. So I started googeling and panicking, eventually managed to get seen by hygienist at my dental practice as my GP was dismissing me and would only do phone appointment . Hygienist then told me it's OLP. I haven't had biopsy to confirm but it does look like reticular OLP. It's not sore but it is worrying especially when you start looking things up online. I have a referral for biopsy but 10 weeks in I haven't received a letter confirming appointment date or time. I don't know how much longer until I am diagnosed. I am panicking it's cancer. My mind keeps wondering to the worst case scenarios. Has anyone been diagnosed with reticular OLP, one that's not painful? Has anyone else had it after using asthma inhalers? has anyone had it for years? sorry, really panicking

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.