Skin Lichen Planus and St. Johns Wort

Posted , 16 users are following.

I have been taking 900 mg of St. Johns Wort for almost two weeks and I am FINALLY seeing some improvement! Many of my itchy sores are healing and flattening out! I also have less chills and itching in general. This is after a year and a half of using prednisone, plaquenil, steriod creams, and who knows what else. I am a 43 year old woman. I have it on my back, legs, arms, chest, buttocks...almost everywhere. I decided to stop taking everything, except for my antacid medicine when needed and my prescription bentyl for my severe ibs, and try the st. johns wort. I feel the less meds you take with this, the better it will work. I got this idea from reading a post on here from a user named Greg. I will update my progress in a few weeks. Fingers crossed!

1 like, 55 replies

55 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I am very excited to read your updates.

I have the same condition and symptoms as you. Steroid creams and prednisone have failed for me too.

I have ordered St Johns Wart, fingers crossed that it works. Do you take 900mg all at once or spread it throughout the day?

• Posted

I have been spreading it out 😃 I am praying it works for both of us! Still the same, some sores are healed, some are healing, but some are not and still itching. I'm hopeful!

• Posted

Good for you, I'm pleased for you. I find relief from turmeric tablets which I have also posted on here. It seems different things work for different people and it's good to share our experiences. Good luck.

• Posted

I will have to search your post thanks! I hear great things about tumeric! 😃

• Posted

It brings me a bit of relief knowing something has worked for someone out there. Hopefully with time it only gets better. Have you anything from your diet as well?

• Posted

have you cut** anything from your diet as well?

• Posted

Hopefully it will clear me up totally, fingers crossed! 😃 Still seeing improvement on some areas, none on others. But I have hope yes! I haven't changed my diet at all.

• Posted

Well, I have been drinking green tea daily, I forgot about that.

• Posted

Congratulations MsParis for trusting St John's Wort and giving it a try! The results you have achieved so far against LP are comparable to those of patients I've seen responding well to the treatment : they usually experience a partial disappearance of symptoms and plaques within the first 3 weeks. Then, it's a slow recovery process that can take several months but often rewards the patients with an eventual complete cure from LP. One such patient I have seen healing with SJW got rid of 90% of all the LP on his body within 9 months of treatment; the remaining 10% took a stunning 4 years to go away, but he has finally been able to declare himself completely cured of LP since early last summer, and was therefore able to discontinue SJW. He is extremely happy living disease-free, just like I am!

I wish you as much luck against the disease as we both had, among many others who were patient believers with the SJW treatment!

All the best,

Greg.

• Posted

Oh my goodness Greg thank you so much!!! You have given me so much hope! I was at my wits end when, after praying for help, I came across your post doing a google search! I am also itching less today 😀 I am going to continue the sjw and be patient and hopeful ❤ I will keep updating for sure. I am a now a believer of natural medicine and am going to look into it for some of my other medical issues as well. 😎

• Posted

Hi Greg,

Have you had female clients with vaginal LS who have had success with SJW? Can this be applied topically to the area as well as taking it as a supplement? Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks.

• Posted

Hi Andie,

I do recall about one or two patients on this site asking if SJW might be helpful for LS, a few years ago. After reading about it on their own, they claimed that they would try it; unfortunately, there was no meaningful follow-up post that I might refer to, to guide you further.

I have read that LS is likely the worst and toughest of the "Lichen" conditions out there. So if you decide to try SJW, please understand that you may have to be even more patient than others suffering from more benign skin conditions. It always depends on how much faith and time you want to devote to a potential treatment, knowing fully that any outcome is possible.

If you intend to try it orally, please make sure you aren't taking any other medication that may interact with it; taking it alone is likely the safest route, when that is possible. Topically, just like with anything you apply, try to go slowly to insure your skin agrees with it. Allergic or painful reactions to any skin product, even the softest and most natural, remain possible; each person is unique.

May this be of some help, as I can certainly understand how difficult it must be enduring LS.

All the best,

Greg.

• Posted

Thank you for responding. From your previous posts on here it sounded like you had a lot of success with it for LS so thought it might be worth a try.

thanks again.

• Posted

SJW cured me completely of a combination of LP (Lichen Planus) and LSC (Lichen Simplex Chronicus). And others have claimed comparable or milder results, also with plain atopic dermatitis (eczema).

LS (Lichen Sclerosus) is a slightly different skin condition, that can be more difficult to deal with. I am not stating that trying SJW would necessarily be useless... it's just that I haven't read anyone claiming some success using it for LS, so far. You might be the first, if you do try it!

Cheers,

Greg.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.