Skin Lichen Planus and St. Johns Wort

Edited , 9 users are following.

I have been taking 900 mg of St. Johns Wort for almost two weeks and I am FINALLY seeing some improvement! Many of my itchy sores are healing and flattening out! I also have less chills and itching in general. This is after a year and a half of using prednisone, plaquenil, steriod creams, and who knows what else. I am a 43 year old woman. I have it on my back, legs, arms, chest, buttocks...almost everywhere. I decided to stop taking everything, except for my antacid medicine when needed and my prescription bentyl for my severe ibs, and try the st. johns wort. I feel the less meds you take with this, the better it will work. I got this idea from reading a post on here from a user named Greg. I will update my progress in a few weeks. Fingers crossed!

0 likes, 27 replies

Report / Delete

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

    I am very excited to read your updates.

    I have the same condition and symptoms as you. Steroid creams and prednisone have failed for me too.

    I have ordered St Johns Wart, fingers crossed that it works. Do you take 900mg all at once or spread it throughout the day?

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    It brings me a bit of relief knowing something has worked for someone out there. Hopefully with time it only gets better. Have you anything from your diet as well?

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Congratulations MsParis for trusting St John's Wort and giving it a try! The results you have achieved so far against LP are comparable to those of patients I've seen responding well to the treatment : they usually experience a partial disappearance of symptoms and plaques within the first 3 weeks. Then, it's a slow recovery process that can take several months but often rewards the patients with an eventual complete cure from LP. One such patient I have seen healing with SJW got rid of 90% of all the LP on his body within 9 months of treatment; the remaining 10% took a stunning 4 years to go away, but he has finally been able to declare himself completely cured of LP since early last summer, and was therefore able to discontinue SJW. He is extremely happy living disease-free, just like I am!

    I wish you as much luck against the disease as we both had, among many others who were patient believers with the SJW treatment!

    All the best,

    Greg.

    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Oh my goodness Greg thank you so much!!! You have given me so much hope! I was at my wits end when, after praying for help, I came across your post doing a google search! I am also itching less today 😀 I am going to continue the sjw and be patient and hopeful ❤ I will keep updating for sure. I am a now a believer of natural medicine and am going to look into it for some of my other medical issues as well. 😎

      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up