Bad Belly Experiences

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All,

I'm a 37 year male, generally fit.

I had a few issues a while back with blood in my stools and stomach pains for which I was refered for an Colonscopy which only showed polyps which were removed, my GP told me it could be a mild case of IBS but this was never really confirmed and whenever the pains came back I was advised to take IBS releif medicine available over the counter which in all fairness did the trick at first,this was about 18 months ago.

Over the last few weeks I have noticed significant sweling (especially after meals) whereby my belly bloats 3 times its size, the kids joke I look pregnant, this causes me immense discomfort and pain, I'm also frequently out of breath and simple tasks like bending down causes issues, feels like there is something in my belly (sounds weird I know)... i also feel worn out, lack of energy etc....

I also get daily spouts of very bad heartburn, which are so severe it brings tears in my eyes and makes me hunch in pain.... I try take Zantac which I think takes the edge off.

In terms of my stools it varies from loose, to constipated and normal (very rare), I have noticed mucus like substances in my stool from time to time, the smell does at times makes me wonder, to the point I cannot go to the loo at friends etc.....

I hope you guys may be able to shed some light on this, I'm also awaiting an appointment at my new GP as we recently moved and having to regsiter with a new one, typical really.

Thank you and apologies for some of the rather aweful descriptions.

JB

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello Jonathan you seem to have a lot going on at present with a bit of luck your new doctor will have empathy and get you sorted you probably need an endoscopy (rectum) uncomfortable but usually OK I hope all goes well for you.KT47
    • Posted

Hi KT47,

I have too much going on, I have had the Camera (Colonscopy) done about 18 months ago.... I was initially told by my GP I had Bowel cancer, he then changed it to Chron's desease, then IBD and finally settled for a mild case of IBS.... it has been a nightmare.... bottom line and a few months on, still don't bloody know whats wrong and new symptons are develeping near enough each week and those currently there getting worse.... I cannot wait to change GP and get a different opinion and hopefully get to the bottom of this ASAP and hopefully get back to normal.... it has taken its toll on me and the family

• Posted

Hi johnathan

Sounds as if you may have h.pylori...helicobacter pylori...a tiny spiral shaped bacteria that burrows into your gut wall and duodenum causing copious amounts of problems such as severe heartburn and acid reflux...tummy bloat, pain and foil smelling stool.....go bk to your gp and ask for a h.pylori test...usually a stool test or breath test.....it is usually treated with antibiotics.........hope this helps........best wishes.....

• Posted

Hi All,

Been to the GP, I have had to provide various samples such as Stool and Blood.... they are testing for H.Pylori (thank you lilian05079) I have also been given medication for the heartburn to control the acid - Omeprazole, which is great as for the first time in a long while I have had no heartburn, what a joy :-)

My pains are still very much there in my belly, but hopefully the samples which are also to test for Liver, Thyroid etc... will show something.

I have to go back to the GP in two weeks.

Thank you all for your thoughts and will let you know the "verdict" which hopefully will help others.

Have a good weekend.

Jonathan

• Posted

Reckon Lillians advice is spot on. Eighteen months can be a long time endoscopy eise and your current problems were possibly not present st your last procedure. This is appears to be very true for ulcers as this slso fits your symptoms. Anyway you are doing all the right things as sometimes self diagnosis can go horribly wrong dont you think?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.