Bad cramps on right side

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello Ladies,

So last month i really didnt have a period, just spotting. Well this month, a different story, flowing hard, the worse cramps, and hot flashes. It seems like every other month it goes from nothing to BAM : As im writing this im sitting on the couch with a heating pad, cramps are on my right side. It never ends.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Usually when I cramp the pain is pretty even across my lower stomach area and not more on one side. Not sure if this has been going on awhile for you or if it is something new . With the missing period and now cramping on right side it just reminded me of times when I had a cyst on my ovary that was causing me some problems, pain . I hope this isn't the case . Just wanted to mention this to you. I am going through peri but I havnt had heavy bleeding up to this point. My heart goes out to you . Going through this it becomes obvious that there are symptoms on top of symptoms. One more thing if your bleeding alot over time it can affect your iron level . I read vitamins enriched with iron can help us .

• Posted

Thank you so much for your response.. Years ago my doctor told me that I had a few small cysts and that my periods and cramps would get worse before better. I'm 49 and I haven't had a period like this in a while. My period have been so light and just spotting but this month it came back in full force.. Taking ibuprofen helps and a heating pad.. Here I thought I would be done-go figure. It's just so awful how one day you can be in a great mood and now today I can cry at anything.

Got to love those hormones!!!

• Posted

Hi there, I can relate to this. Every month it seems different I go from a normal period (minimal pain and cramping, light to moderate flow) to full on horrible sharp pains. I have had the right side pain you describe, but last month it was all on my left, I literally was in the fetal position and only found relief if I stayed really still. I wonder now if I had a cyst rupture as I can only recall one other time that it was to that extreme. I actually had a rash with it too which makes me wonder if there was poison released in my body from the cyst....never had that before.Even after my period it was tender for a week after. This month I have had a normal one which I am grateful for. Not sure I could handle the intense ones every month. I also get that pain on right or lift side when I ovulate, it usually lasts for a day or so. I have no idea if this is normal, when you google it says it is not....but when I go for tests everything shows in perfect condition. I definitely have inconsistent periods, some last 3 to 4 days while others go on for 6-8 days. I am guessing this is all normal as our body is transitioning to menopause.

• Posted

It's just horrible.. I never know when I'm going to get my period.. But this period is one for the records. My doctor for warned me about being heavy and cramps, wow.. I was freaking out last night, about how much blood i lost. I"m a total hypocrondriac..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.