Bad day 😫

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all I'm having a really bad day with heartburn gullet and throat really sore and stinging makes mg eyes water I'm already taking PPI med and Zantac gaviscon just burns throat and gullet more any suggestions on how to relive symptoms would very much appreciated

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Geez, sry to hear that you are having such a rough time today 😦

What brought this on? Can you identify the cause? And what dosage of PPI are you taking? Perhaps a quick call to your doctor and ask if you can increase the dosage? That id assuming you are not already taking 80mg a day.

Hang in there!

• Posted

I am in the same boat plus got constant sinusitis as a result of acid ave just changed over from omeprazole twice a 20 mg to lansoprazole 30 mg twice aday hope these work better

• Posted

Are you on it twice a day .were you on something else before you started lansoprazople

• Posted

Hi Paul I take 15 mg on a morning then 15 mg before evening meal I also take Zantac if needed , I've been told I can take a higher dose if I want but don't really want to take more PPI , I have tried different PPI medication in past but had side affects

• Posted

Esomeprazole is stronger than lansoprazole. I have been told to take 80mg a day when bad and mix this with 150mg ranitidine twice a day this does work after a couple of days.

• Posted

Hi thanks for the reply do you find you have to stay on that dose or do you drop down after a few days

• Posted

Hey there 😃

That is interesting indeed. So your doctor wants you to combine Ranitidine with a PPI? I have heard that combining them is redundant and doesn't have a positive effect but perhaps this is untrue or dependent on the patient?

Clearly your doctor must see some value in it. Cheers!

• Posted

Hi Gillian, I take the highest dose for a week or so when bad and cut down once my symptoms are settled, at the minute taking 20mg esomeprazole and no ranitidine and have been for the past year or so. I don't stay on the highest dose too long as it gives me a burning stomach.

• Posted

Hi PPI and Ranitidine are different drugs and do different things so work well together. PPI stops your body making acid and Ranitidine soaks up acid left behind as PPI cannot completely stop all acid. As explained to me by my gastroenterologist.

I rarely take both together anymore as my acid is well controlled now with just 20mg PPI per day, but on the odd occasion when it flares up badly I will use both together.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.